Libre Elec restarts movie near end of movies

• I'm using LE official 9.0.2 on a J3355B with 8GB of DDR3, and an SSD boot drive with a hardwired ethernet connection.

Lately I've noticed that many movies will start over when nearing the end of the movie, as in probably 5-10 minutes remaining until the credits roll, sometimes sooner.

I don't have any 4k content at all, only 1080p, the hardware itself is never even remotely taxed, RAM is never near full (~40% in use after buffering for a larger movie) nor is CPU strained (max peaks I typically see for HEVC content is ~55% one one core with ~45% on the other, typically well below that though) , both the boot drives and storage drives aren't near full and I also buffer large portions of the media to RAM - so it's all been preloaded to buffer usually more than an hour before the "loop point" is reached. The system is always on so its uptime is typically measured in weeks or months, and frequently I will forget to stop a a show series or something and will come back days later and turn on the TV to see that a show series has been looping for days on end.

I say all this just to point out that generally speaking the system doesn't have stability issues.

So on some media, it will decide to restart from the beginning at a certain point. If manually skip to just past that point and continue watching, it works just fine - but anytime it actually plays through that moment in the media it restarts the media from the beginning.

Can anyone give me some insight on what is going on here and how I might troubleshoot / fix this?

Edited once, last by CA_cabotage (November 18, 2019 at 9:21 PM).

• Try adding this to your advancedsettings.xml file:

Code
    <video>
        <playcountminimumpercent>97</playcountminimumpercent>
        <ignoresecondsatstart>10</ignoresecondsatstart>
        <ignorepercentatend>2</ignorepercentatend>
    </video>