tethering issue

• No change. Both OS use the same driver which doesn't support being put into AP mode via dbus > connman > wpa_supplicant interface; which is how the GUI works. It's something that needs enhancement in the driver.

I just want to make sure that I understand correctly,
    I am able to turn on tethering (using the GUI) and I'm able to connect to the newly created AP.
    However, I can only access the LibreElec machine (ip) and nothing else (no internet, no access to other machines on the network) while connected to this AP.
    Is this because of a new driver?
    Is it a bug? Are there any plans to fix it? any opened ticket for this issue?
    I couldn't find any thread discussing this issue.

• Dora are you using WeTek Play or some other hardware?

Some other hardware (Asus ION based machine).
    The tethering worked perfectly for the last few years (while using Openelec).
    I just upgraded to LibreElec latest build and the internet is gone.

• looks like it's working to me

Code
    Oct 21 18:48:17 HTPC-BR connmand[318]: DHCP server: Sending OFFER of 192.168.0.2
    Oct 21 18:48:17 HTPC-BR connmand[318]: DHCP server: Broadcasting packet to client
    Oct 21 18:48:17 HTPC-BR connmand[318]: DHCP server: Received REQUEST NIP -1062731774
    Oct 21 18:48:17 HTPC-BR connmand[318]: DHCP server: Sending ACK
    Oct 21 18:48:17 HTPC-BR connmand[318]: DHCP server: Sending ACK to 192.168.0.2
    Oct 21 18:48:17 HTPC-BR connmand[318]: DHCP server: Broadcasting packet to client

could be that it's on a different subnet or something

• I'm not sure I understand what you mean but here are some more details:
    My local network is 192.168.1.* where the eth0 on LibreElec machine is 192.168.1.11 (the LAN port) and the gateway machine (the router) is 192.168.1.1
    tether Iface on LibreElec is 192.168.0.1 and when a remote device (like my android) is connected to it, it gets IP 192.168.0.2
    It looks like the tethering creates a subnet but it always worked like that in the past years and I have no problem with that. I do prefer that the tethering will use my router's DHCP server and share the same IP's like the rest of the network but if it is not possible, I'm fine with that. As I said, it was always like that in the past years.

Now the problem is that I don't have internet connection on remote devices which are connected to LibreElec AP. Or to be more specific, remote devices cannot reach the gateway or any other machine on my local network (192.168.1.*) except to 192.168.1.11 (which is the LibreElec IP).

ifconfig results:
    AXJW

route results:
    QHCU

Ping results:
    from LibreElec to gateway: OK
    from remote device to 192.168.0.1 (LibreElec tether Iface): OK
    from remote device to 192.168.1.11 (LibreElec eth0 Iface): OK
    from remote device to 192.168.1.1 (gateway): Timeout

Edited once, last by Dora (October 24, 2016 at 4:34 PM).

• I'm unable to see the issue, and this reply is sent from a laptop connected to the tethered AP created on an LE box (next Alpha release) so there is no underlying issue with connman. The only thing that might have changed from OE days is the wireless driver, but at that level in the stack the drivers are responsible for the AP feature working or not working (not even being possible) not some 50/50 state.

If you want a wireless bridge it's time to go buy some proper kit.