LibreELEC 9.0.2 for NanoPi K2

• Hi everyone,

If anyone of you has read my previous posts, you would know that running LibreELEC on mainline 5.3 kernel has not been flawless for the NanoPi K2. There are things I can work around or cope with such as missing WIFI or Bluetooth, but I haven't been able to solve the issue with playing Widevine content (e.g. Netflix).

So, after checking around / asking in the forums and not finding a solution, I have compiled a working version of LE for the NanoPi K2. It is not based on the latest version by any means. Specifically:

- LE version is 9.0.2 (Kodi 18.2)

- u-boot is v2015.01

- kernel is 3.14

Despite not being the latest in everything, it works out rather well. The following has been tested:

- Playing 1080p content with hardware decoding (I haven't tested 4K content because I only have FHD screens :-/)

- WiFi but note that I haven't been able to stream 1080p without buffering every few seconds. It could be a problem with the driver or the chipset - I don't know. I just used a USB WiFi dongle to work around this.

- Ethernet

- Bluetooth

- HDMI-CEC

- Playing Widevine content (Netflix is 720p software-decoded of course due to its licensing policy)!

You can download the image here and write it to MicroSD card with LibreELEC USB-SD creator. I have not tested writing to eMMC but I'm quite certain it will not boot from eMMC with the current u-boot script.

Sources can be found here (9.0.2-nanopi-k2 branch).

To compile from source:

Code
    > git clone https://github.com/patrickkfkan/LibreELEC.tv.git
    > cd LibreELEC.tv
    > git checkout 9.0.2-nanopi-k2
    > PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=NanoPi_K2 ARCH=arm make image

Thanks all!

• Hi @patrickkfkan

Thank you for your contributions here...

I downloaded and install with libreelec sd creator using this image and its working nice!!

I was wandering if you have a more actual compilation , Leia 18.7, 18,8 or so

Thank you again!!

best regards!