HTSP with Raspberry Pi 3 suddenly too slow

• Hi!

I'm using LibreELEC 9.0.2 on a Raspberry Pi 3 with a 1000baseT link. I connect to a tvheadend 4.2.8 server on a FreeBSD box. I recently updated the hardware on the box. Now HTSP connections for recordings via the Tvheadend add-on (pvr.hts 4.4.18.1) are constantly buffering. The weird thing is that it only happens to recordings and only on the PI. Another client on an iPad works fine. Live TV works fine, Samba connections from the pi to the same box works fine. It worked a few days ago, so I kinda think it is related to the hardware change, but because everything else is working well (or even better than before) I don't think it is a hardware issue.

I'm at a loss how to fix or even debug this.

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • The kodi.log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The dmesg output:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

With the iOS client I get ~2MByte/s and smooth playback, with Kodi on the Raspberry Pi it's below ~500KBytes/s and 1-2s of playback, then ~30s buffering in a loop.

And with other network connections like Samba the Pi also easily gets >2MBytes/s

• I added the recordings to the Samba share and from there the Pi plays them just fine, so it's only the recordings over HTSP that are problematic and it's not HTSP itself, because live tv also works.

• I have now tried with a Raspberry Pi 4. I get >50MBytes/s to/from the Pi 4. The playback is better, but there are quite frequent jumps and audio/video de-syncs. Some of these are also on other files, so it might be some issue with the Pi 4 support. I really don't know what else I can try. Especially because it worked without issues before.