network kills TV recordings

• Hi there,

I am running libreelec 9.02 on an INTEL NUC, using tvheadend as PVR. For PVR recordings, I created a special directory and mounted a network server to this path (using this proposal). Normally, this works like a charm.

In case the external server is unavailable (rarely, but happens), tvheadend still perfoms scheduled recordings, and I can see and play them from within KODI (TV > Recordings). This is good. However, as soon as libreelec is started again with the network server being active, those recordings are lost.

What is happening there? Can I somehow retrieve the "lost" recordings?

Thanks for help!

• Hello,

I finally found the answer to my problem above: The Recordings are not lost!

- if no network server is available, scheduled recordings are saved to the specified folder. They can be retrieved e.g. by accessing this folder via SSH and copying them to a convenient location.

- once LibreElec is restarted with the network Server being available again, the network share is mounted to the specified folder. On mounting, any files which are already present in that folder are hidden. (This is the way how the "mount" command in Linux works.)

I hope this Information is useful for someone who experiences the same effect.