Problem using remote over HDMI-CEC – S905: 7.0.2.008

• I'm running 7.0.2.008 on a S905 Android Box, the Nexbox A95X. I use a Universal Remote to control my Android box over HDMI-CEC. The remote has additional media buttons for Play/Pause/FW etc.

I was using 7.0.2.007 and upgraded using LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-fix.img.gz. When I updated to 008 the media buttons no longer worked. I can still browse menus over HDMI and skip forward and back while playing video using the Up/Down/Left/Right keys on the remote. I tried using the addon Keymap Editor but it seems like the media buttons inputs are not detected.
    I've reverted back to 007 and now the media buttons are working correctly. I've attached zipped logs for both 007 and 008. I also uploaded to Pastebin the main Kodi logs.

01_KODI_008 - Pastebin.com
    01_KODI_007 - Pastebin.com

I quickly looked through the logfile for 007 and at line 858 onward the media buttons are logged as Pause, PlayPause and FastForward.

• Your goona have to search the s905 general thread, but there is an option to change the CEC output device that enables the media playback buttons. At least that was the case for my TV.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (October 19, 2016 at 3:12 AM).

• Your goona have to search the s905 general thread, but there is an option to change the CEC output device that enables the media playback buttons. At least that was the case for my TV.

Hi. Thanks for replying. I tried looking through the general thread but couldn't find how to change the output device. I also looked in system/input/peripherals/cec settings but didn't see any option there either. Not sure if it's relevant but my TV is a 2012 Panasonic plasma.

• I also looked in system/input/peripherals/cec settings but didn't see any option there either.

I could swear that I answered this already at another place, anyway this sysfs path exist only on the Raspberry Pi. The drivers for Amlogic devices are completely different.

Gerald

• Hello Gerald.

I didn't mean the actual file path. I meant when I load Libreelec I go to System and then the settings page. I choose input devices, then peripherals and an option pops up for CEC adapter. Sorry I wasn't clearer. For myself the actual file path is Userdata/peripheral_data/cec_0000_0000.xml. I compared this file in 007 and 008 and they are identical.
    K0HxKWpZ

In the S905 general thread at post #177 it was mentioned changing "device_type" value="4" to "device_type" value="1" but that didn't make a difference.

• Hello Gerald.

I didn't mean the actual file path. I meant when I load Libreelec I go to System and then the settings page. I choose input devices, then peripherals and an option pops up for CEC adapter. Sorry I wasn't clearer. For myself the actual file path is Userdata/peripheral_data/cec_0000_0000.xml. I compared this file in 007 and 008 and they are identical.
    K0HxKWpZ

In the S905 general thread at post #177 it was mentioned changing "device_type" value="4" to "device_type" value="1" but that didn't make a difference.

Thats exactly what i had to do to get my media buttons to work on my LG remote, back in the RPi days I had created a remote.xml file for proper keymaps on the remote coz the buttons were not assigned to any command. After moving to s905 i just copied that file over but they still didn't work until the cec change.

So maybe you need to look at the kodi wiki and create a remote.xml file for your remote? They probably work since making the cec change but are not assigned to a command.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (October 23, 2016 at 11:50 PM).

• Thats exactly what i had to do to get my media buttons to work on my LG remote, back in the RPi days I had created a remote.xml file for proper keymaps on the remote coz the buttons were not assigned to any command. After moving to s905 i just copied that file over but they still didn't work until the cec change.

So maybe you need to look at the kodi wiki and create a remote.xml file for your remote? They probably work since making the cec change but are not assigned to a command.

Hi JonSnow

Thank you for replying. I have an xml file on my 007 installation located at Userdata/keymaps/gen.xml. There is an addon called Keymap Editor that writes inputs to this file which I used to register my CEC keys. I copied this file into the same folder for the 008 installation but unfortunately didn't work. I also tried a few different HDMI cables but had no luck.

As a test I turned on debug logging and left my Android Box idle for a few minutes. Then I pushed each media button multiple times while pointing directly at the TV and after that pressing right to scroll in that direction. The light flashed on my TV each time to show the inputs were registered. I accessed the most recent logfile over Samba and looked for registered CEC inputs. I found the keypresses which match up with my scrolling to one side but none of the media button inputs were recognised. So it seems like the TV recieves the signal but they are not seen by the Android box.

I think seeing as the 007 is currently working for me I'll stick with that version and check back in if a 009 version is released in the future skipping 008. Thanks for the help.