RPI 2 vs. 3 LE distro

• Maybe I'm dense, but I'm also confused. :)

When I downloaded LE 9.0.2 for the RPi3/3+ (having a RPi3 Model B myself) I noticed that the download option for this model links to libreelec-rpi2.arm-9.0.2.img.gz which, as the name suggests, has RPi2.arm as its architecture. It works fine (apart from performance issues with PS1 emulation for retro gaming) but I'm wondering if this is correct.

Is the same distro meant for both the RPi2 en the RPi3/3+ or do I have the wrong distro? Will there be different distros in the future, perhaps one optimized for the RPi3/3+ compared to the RPi2?

// FvW

• May I ask what kind of performance issues are you having with PS1 emulation?It works fine on Rpi2..

Of course you may! :) As I already mentioned in this thread, games run slowly and jittering/halting: a half second burst of movement on the screen and audio out of the speaker, then a second of nothing. It's like you're trying to play HD video on a 1990's 386.

If it works for you, there is obviously something I have to change and/or finetune, and all suggestions would be appreciated!

• If your are using retroplayer which is built into the latest Kodi it's awful for PS1 emulation.

I tired it when Kodi 18 was first released.

Using the gamestarter add-on for retroarch is the way to go.

I've played hundreds of PS1 titles and am yet to have problems performance wise.

It works fines.

• Is the same distro meant for both the RPi2 en the RPi3/3+ or do I have the wrong distro?

no that is correct, the RPi2 image works for 2,3.3+ because there is not much difference at the hardware