RPI4 LibElec 9.0.2 Slideshow with pics and vids - videos are invisible although playing

• Since Kodi 16.x, there is no working slideshow any longer. Whenever you start a slideshow, as it comes across a videofile (any format) in the sequence of images to show, the video does start playing, but the screen goes black at the same time and you only hear the sound. If you then hit escape, the screen wakes up, but you have the 'playlist' of images in the foreground (just like when you hit escape whilst the slideshow shows normal pictures). The same videos play fine when launched outside a slideshow.

This seems to be more Kodi than HW related, it also occurs on my FireTV with any Kodi version since 16.x, same with windows, no matter of hw acceleration being on or off. There is no log with errors to share, from a Kodi perspective all seems to be fine. I'd really love to see a developer working on this one as it is out for three years know. Am I the only one thinking that this problems is annoying ? Will stay on 16.x till this one has been fixed.