[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Hello guys. Need your help. I have installed 7.0.3.3 and it is running fine but WiFi connection. It is very connection and is preventing me from watching anything on Kodi. When connecting through SSH LAN connection is very bad there as well. Even keyboard usage is strutting.

Any fix for it? Thx in advance.

• kszaq
    How much space is required to build LE. Last time I ran the build on RPi (old model with 8gb sd card) and it stalled after 15 hours because there was no space left out of 4.7gb?
    And how I can make filesystem read/write because while building it? I want to use it as headless server when not using as media player.

if you already got such a build please share it.

Thx

• I bought two different ones from ebay, both generic white usb2 100MBit/s ethernet adapters. One only supported usb1 "full speed", so it was very slow (max 11 MBit/s, even when connected to fast ethernet). The other supports proper usb2 "high speed", and delivers more than 90 MBit/s. It uses an Asix chipset and was advertised as having one.

If yours is also very slow, you should check the usb connection speed besides the ethernet speed. When you plug the usb adapter in, the linux kernel will tell you the usb version and speed used. SSH to the box and check the output of "dmesg".

• I bought two different ones from ebay, both generic white usb2 100MBit/s ethernet adapters. One only supported usb1 "full speed", so it was very slow (max 11 MBit/s, even when connected to fast ethernet). The other supports proper usb2 "high speed", and delivers more than 90 MBit/s. It uses an Asix chipset and was advertised as having one.

If yours is also very slow, you should check the usb connection speed besides the ethernet speed. When you plug the usb adapter in, the linux kernel will tell you the usb version and speed used. SSH to the box and check the output of "dmesg".

Thanks. Out of curiosity, what is issue with wifi? Is it WiFi hardware itself or WiFi Linux drivers for this hardware?

I will check it it usb2Ethernet.

• I have noticed something strange on LE with WiFi. I ran speed tests on LE and RPi. RPi gave a result of 34.5 MBits/s DL and 14.5 MBits/s UL on wired connection. Same test on LE resulted in 0.33 MBits/s DL and 15.4 MBits/s UL on WiFi. So uplink on both of them is same.

it seems WiFi is OK but there is something wrong with downlink only and it seems to be software related issue.

Has anybody else noticed it?

• OK. Looks like issue is resolved. Well, for the time being. I put my device next to router and download speed jumped to 40MBits/s.

Now, can anybody help me in building from source. I am new to Linux so need some help in building it. I want a read/write file system where I can use my device as a normal headless command line Linux machine.

Any type of help will be much appreciated. Thx

• I could use a version of OE 6.0 (kodi 15) for mxq. Unfortunately it has been removed online You send it can? Thanks in advance Sorry for my bad english

Inviato dal mio Pixel XL utilizzando Tapatalk

• kszaq
    How much space is required to build LE. Last time I ran the build on RPi (old model with 8gb sd card) and it stalled after 15 hours because there was no space left out of 4.7gb?

My S805 build folder is 12GB.

And how I can make filesystem read/write because while building it? I want to use it as headless server when not using as media player.

The idea of LE is to have read-only system partition image as squashfs. I don't have a way to modify it.

@all If anyone is having issues with non-working sound on boot and it starts to work after replugging HDMI, 7.0.3.3 build has been updated to 7.0.3.3a with a fix for that issue.

• My S805 build folder is 12GB.

The idea of LE is to have read-only system partition image as squashfs. I don't have a way to modify it.

@all If anyone is having issues with non-working sound on boot and it starts to work after replugging HDMI, 7.0.3.3 build has been updated to 7.0.3.3a with a fix for that issue.

Hi guys, just installed this on one of my boxes and its running great. I hit a snag relating to the read only file system though when I plugged in my TV adapters and installed TVHeadend 4.2 in Kodi. TVHeadend detected no adapters.
    Normally I check dmesg and it shows if a DVB adapter was detected and if not I download the firmwares and add them to /usr/lib/firmware. In this case one was showing and one was not but neither show in TVHeadend.

Code
    [   11.437816@3] usb 1-1.2: em28178#1: Identified as PCTV DVB-S2 Stick (461e) (card=92)

My other card is a PCTV DVB-T2 Stick (292e) but that did not show up even though the firmware (dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw) is in the /usr/lib/firmware directory. So I tried adding the firmwares and that is when I came up against the read only filesystem. I tried remounting as RW but that did not work.

Just wanted to see if there was any workaround for this and also if you have any idea why the DVB adapter that is detected in the OS but is not showing up in TVHeadend?

Thanks very much
    B

Below is the dmesg from when I plug in the 292e stick but it does not see it as a DVB device...

Edited once, last by brimur (January 13, 2017 at 10:53 AM).

• kszaq:

I installed your last build 7.0.3.3 on a MXQ AllBlack, ( s805 1,5 MHz 1GB/8GB ) from USB-Stick ( like SD Card )
    works fine but the Pic get stuck and the Audio Plays after a plently of Time, when the amcodec ist on.

Anny ideas to get that fixed?

• kszaq:

I installed your last build 7.0.3.3 on a MXQ AllBlack, ( s805 1,5 MHz 1GB/8GB ) from USB-Stick ( like SD Card )
    works fine but the Pic get stuck and the Audio Plays after a plently of Time, when the amcodec ist on.

Anny ideas to get that fixed?

I will not look into this issue because I ignore all reports with no or incomplete logs and no sample to reproduce it. Just like it's said in "Reporting bugs" sticky post.

• Greetings, I'd like to get involved.
    I've got MXQ clone, black square box 11.5x11.5cm with red-blue LED and MXq label. No stripes or buttons on the box.

Rear connectors:
    USB-4
    SPDIF
    AV (with button accessible with a match or toothpick through the jack hole)
    HDMI
    Ethernet
    Power connector 5v barrel

Boot logo says i'ts MXQ HD18Q mbox v2
    eb16c67e-dd66-11e6-81d6-0dffa4a2e58b.jpg

wifi chip is Realtek RTL8188ETV

motherboard says it's v1.1

The core board has an UART, how convenient; soldered a header there. UART is 115200 8N1
    hi-res photo of motherboard

Jumped to UBoot shell, some logs are attached.
    UBoot shell says it's m201 (with 1Gb ram)

uboot.txt

env

Can't get any images to work.
    I am using a 16Gb SD card.

I can reboot from android to recovery, but have no idea what to do from there. SD card does not contain files suitable for installation from this recovery.

The box does not respond to "toothipick" method, whatever it is (press that button in AV jack while powering on and hold it for 30secs?).

Any hints how to boot it from uboot shell?

Edited once, last by RUBasilio (January 18, 2017 at 9:48 AM).

• Ok, I've managed to install LibreELEC.
    from UBoot you need to run the following:

m8b_m201_1G#mmcinfo
    [mmc_init] SDIO Port B:0, if_type=7, initialized OK!
    Device: SDIO Port B
    Manufacturer ID: 0
    OEM: 0
    Name: Tran Speed: 20000000
    Rd Block Len: 512
    SD version 2.0
    High Capacity: Yes
    Capacity: 15931539456
    Boot Part Size: 0
    Bus Width: 4-bit
    m8b_m201_1G#

m8b_m201_1G#fatload mmc 0:1 ${loadaddr} aml_autoscript
    reading aml_autoscript

702 bytes read
    m8b_m201_1G#
    m8b_m201_1G#autoscr ${loadaddr}

And voila.. The installation process is starting
    [hr]
    kszaq I've successfully installed LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-7.90.beta2.img.gz

Edited once, last by RUBasilio (January 18, 2017 at 10:55 AM).