Newbie questions for libreelec s802

• Hi, I'm a newbie in the libreelec world.

I have a tronsmart s89-H, bought specifically for the av-out. I've been having problems playing back recordings on (android/windows) Kodi (from my hdhomerun, tvheadend addon). These are skipping problems which seem to have completely been resolved with Kodi 17 (any platform), probably because of the new mediaplayer.
    Now, Kodi 17 requires android lollipop but the support for tronsmart s89-H is poor so there will not be a lollipop rom. So I thought maybe linux and then I found that drieschel solved that for the s89-H. GREAT NEWS.

However, now I've got some questions:
    1. Am I wright that the 7.0 version for s802 is Kodi 16 en 8.0 has Kodi 17?
    2. And I want to make a nandroid before trying out libreelec. Can anyone please help and tell me which twrp-image I could use for android (finless rom 2.1, 111k4)? I found a few links but those twrp's don't seem to function. Please post a link to a working twrp.
    3. With the 8.0 version for s802, does av-out function?

Thanks,

Wim

• 1.yes, v7 jarvis / v8 Krypton alpha
    *v8 is not issue free / audio out of sync / unable to click subtitle button / start vid..pause to cache..hit start, cache gone! (Cache was solved using advs.xml)
    2.yes..finless 2.1 111k4, i hat this installed...(prior to upgrading to libreelec)
    when using toothpick method it boots twrp...it works using mouse
    *twrp or Android recovery : you could choose (both img where in the fw zip)
    Twrp images : TWRP for Amlogic devices. - FreakTab.com
    3.don't know

From what i have read.. you burn the libreelec img on the sdcard (and boot it)
    Then you can tryout..libreelec without losing android on the nand
    LibreELEC USB-SD Creator! – LibreELEC

Cheers

To solve:
    Cache disappearing: advancedsettings.xml with memorysize
    Audio out of sync: when vid starts to play..hit pause..let it buffer.. then hit play

Edited once, last by mitchell4you (October 15, 2016 at 12:28 PM).

• Hi Mitchel,

Thanks. I managed to make a nandroid. Had to use adb because toothpick method didn't work (I'm on av-out, maybe I released the reset button on the wrong moment? I can't see because I'm not connected to tv when pressing reset button in av-out). Worked before though.

Are you sure about:

From what i have read.. you burn the libreelec img on the sdcard (and boot it)
    Then you can tryout..libreelec without losing android on the nand
    LibreELEC USB-SD Creator! – LibreELEC

?

Wim