Couple of questions/problems

• Hi,

I've got a couple of problems with my RPI3 and I'm hoping someone here could help me with them.
    I came over from OpenELEC a few months ago and am quite satisfied with it.

1.) I get a beep and/or static noise when the audio source gets changed (normal to passtrough and back). Is there a fix for this?

2.) I've not been able to get my RPI3 to act as an AP with internet access on LibreELEC yet, it worked when I was running OpenELEC so I'm not sure what is causing it. I'm getting a Wifi point but it doesn't give my phone internet access.

3.) A couple of weeks ago I updated to the 7.9 ALPHA builds and I've been having internet streaming issues. AddOns start slow (loading info off the internet I think) and when I start a video it takes about 2 minutes to start playing for 10 seconds and then it starts stuttering and skipping. Streaming from my local NAS works fine.

Also, the new Kodi uses a new default skin, are there any problems with switching it back to the old default?

EDIT: 4.) I recently blew up my USB soundcard when I put it in my RPI, is there a setting that might be causing that?

I hope someone can help me with some of this.

I'll try to post a debug log as soon as my RPi3 is done backing up.

Edited once, last by Allarick (October 14, 2016 at 9:23 PM).

• Just FYI,
    3) If those are video stream addon of the illegal persuasion, then we cannot help you.

1) A beep/static noise has not been reported by users, but someone must be the first one.
    2) Wifi support is highly dependable on the supplied driver blob, mostly from Realtek. And they are unfortunately not the biggest fans of Linux.
    4) A simple setting blowing up a USB soundcard? I'd say "never say never", but I doubt that would be the case.

• 3.) The video streaming Addon is not illegal afaik. It's for state television (NL) and is freely accessible on almost every platform officially. I haven't tried YouTube yet but I think it will have the same problem. I tried YouTube, it seems to work fine, though skipping a few seconds doesn't work.

1.) It might be my receiver (connected via Toslink with Pifi Digi+)
    2.) This is all on RPI3 and it worked on OpenELEC so I'm not sure what you mean.
    4.) I thought maybe some settings to increase power for HDDs or so that the USB soundcard couldn't handle. It worked fine in my PS3 so I want to know what caused it before I plug in any other USB device in the future.

Edited once, last by Allarick (October 13, 2016 at 12:21 AM).

• 3.) The streaming problem seems to be solved and is working better than before. I'm not completely sure what it was but it had something to do with my DNS settings or an IP conflict. I changed from manual IP address to DHCP and it got fixed and now after I put it back to manual again it still works.