Upgrade vom Raspberry Pi 3 to Raspberry Pi 4

• Hi!

I'm using LibreELEC with latest version on my Raspberry Pi 3 and now have the RPi 4b with alpha of LibreELEC running. Is it possible to update the RPi3 system to the alpha? Or can I at least export/import all my settings/plugins?

• Hi there. AFAIK an upgrade is impossible due to hardware discrepancy.

However you can do simple export of your settings and plugins. Go to system/settings -> create system and kodi backup.

Then the machine will copy all your settings to backup folder into tar file. Then you have to copy this file to usb stick (in file manager) and put it to the same folder on the rpi4. When the copying is done, go to system/settings -> restore backup.

This may take some time, the tar. file can be quite big (even bigger than 1GB).

And voila.

Did it yesterday :)

Edited once, last by Scaevola (August 2, 2019 at 11:40 AM).

• Got it thanks! Unofrtunately hyperion is not working anymore. I've installed it from Addons and copied over my hyperion config. But the LED's doesnt turn on, even not at start. Also by App I can't get them to work.

Any idea?

• I don't know if installing hyperion through addon is even possible. I installed it through "hypercon" java app, where you log in through ssh and just click "install/update hyperion". But it was RPi3, didn't try on RPi4.

• It is possible, but it doesn't work. Going by the Hypercon tool it works fine.

Anyone else expierence random crashed with RPi and LE? Sometimes in the menue, sometimes in a movie. Crash log doesn't show anything wrong. The RPi stays below 60 degrees and runs with the official RPi 4 power suppply.