Posts by Scaevola

Hi,

I've got Libreelec 9.2 installed on my RPi4. It works very fine, I've got also external 5.1 usb soundcard connected. The sound is very good, all speakers can play sound.

Lately I started wondering, is there a possibility to inject sound from TV to RPi in order to play tv sound through the soundcard?

I know this is the opposite people regularly do.

I tried to inject the sound from tv phones output to line-in on the soundcard and it does work (after unmuting in alsamixer), but I am aware this is analog solution and only front speakers play (as only these channels are sent).

Is there any option to send sound through hdmi from tv to kodi?

Hi there. AFAIK an upgrade is impossible due to hardware discrepancy.

However you can do simple export of your settings and plugins. Go to system/settings -> create system and kodi backup.

Then the machine will copy all your settings to backup folder into tar file. Then you have to copy this file to usb stick (in file manager) and put it to the same folder on the rpi4. When the copying is done, go to system/settings -> restore backup.

This may take some time, the tar. file can be quite big (even bigger than 1GB).

And voila.

Did it yesterday :)

Hello,

I am looking for the script to turn on and off the amplifier.

The amplifier is an old logitech PC 5.1 system, which is connected to RPi3 through external usb 5.1 soundcard. But this sound system has only analog inputs and thus it cannot be driven through hdmi. The RPi works 24/7.

I want to connect a relay through RPi GPIO, that would turn the logitech on when the hdmi output is active (tv shows kodi screens) and turn it off when the hdmi output is off (tv works with other inputs).

Is there such possibility?