imx6 build Sabrelite support possible?

• Hi,

I build imx6 version of Libreelec and tried to run it on Sabrelite board, unfortunatelly with no luck. The board does not boot. I know, that the board should support all the hardware accelerated drivers as it is build around same CPU/GPU/VPU as Cubox-i. I am guessing that most probably it is a matter of replacing u-boot and/or kernel within Libreelec build environment. Could somebody guide me how could I use Boundary u-boot and kernel for the build? or maybe there is another way of supporitng this board? I am ready to learn and maybe I could help with getting Libreelec running on Sabrelite board.

Ps. I know kodi works on this board as I did run it on Arch linux, but Arch linux kernel/u-boot have issues with HDMI and it crashes when I unplug/replug HDMI lead.

Regards,

Edited once, last by corvin (October 7, 2016 at 12:11 AM).

• projects/imx6/options
    add imx6q-sabrelite.dtb under KERNEL_UBOOT_EXTRA_TARGET
    add mx6qsabrelite_config under UBOOT_CONFIG_V2

fix scripts to support new SYSTEM
    scripts/image
    packages/tools/u-boot/scripts/update.sh
    packages/tools/u-boot/package.mk
    and maybe something more

build image
    PROJECT=imx6 LINUX_VERSION=sr-3.14 SYSTEM=sabrelite make image

run image?

• Thanxs a lot for quick answer. I will look into it and report here. :)

• Hi,

So, here goes my first reports.
    I was able to compile Libreelec with clues provided by vpeter (big thanx for that!), but it failed to boot. There is a problem with sabrelite device tree which I suppose prevents kernell from booting.

My next step was to try xbian kernel, but this one did not even produce an image as it could not compile sabrelite device tree.
    So, I downloaded device tree file from boundary kernel repository and replaced within Libreelec sources tree. This produced an image which partially worked!
    It constantly randomly crashed and was no use.
    Next I replaced device tree within sr-3.14 kernel and that produced an image. This one is the most promising until now as it did boot and I could even watch some videos. There is an issue with USB which does not work with this image, but I was able to use it with my phone as remote.

I can upload my image somewhere if there is anybody to try it.
    If anybody have an idea why is USB not working please let me know!

Regards,

Edited once, last by corvin (October 9, 2016 at 3:48 PM).

• I don't have this system but basic functions should be same for all. For both kernels. But correct device tree must be used obviously. And the second difference is bootloader.
    Libreelec runs with this config on 3 different devices.

• Hi,

I downgraded u-boot and it is working quite well now! USB also works with exact same Libreelec image! The only thing is that before booting the board, I have to turn my projector on.
    I can share the changes I made into the Libreelec files, I just need to work out how to push them to git.

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work!