JustUseTheFileName alternetives or NFO batch creator?

• Hi.

Pleas move the thread if it has a better category to be in.

I have over 1000 child-movies and episodes with Swedish title as filename or made up title as the filename, most of them wont scrap from any database online.

The JustUseTheFileName addon is no longer working so a alternative to that addon that uses the filename as Title.

Or if there is a script och batch program that can create a nfo file that uses the filename as title.

In the movie folder right now its only the movies and episode files (no folders or jpg or other files just mkv, avi, mp4 and so on), but i think the will need separate folders in the end if i want to use posters that i create with a bunch of thumbnails from each movie or episode.

I have seen softwares that create nfos for music videos "XBMC Music Videos" "XBMC Music Video NFO Standalone" but i cant use it to make movie nfos. It only uses this lines:

<musicvideo>
    <title></title>
    <artist></artist>
    </musicvideo>

I guess i would need these lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <movie>
    <title></title>
    <runtime></runtime>
    </movie>

I have googled for hours and i find nothing that works, most people dont understand the problem and just point to other online scrapers.

I want to do this so my kids can use KODI on a rp3 and see the thumbnails of all the movies and not just text as it is now on a external hard drive, and i think i can use KODI to downmix 5.1 to stereo so i have audio support for all movies.

Edited once, last by sabelstrom (October 4, 2016 at 9:19 PM).

• Well i found something on the way so far. A CMD command that do what i want, but it dose not use Ää Åå Öö Éé in the titles in the nfo file.

So little more time and maybe it is some one out there that can solve the last issue.

Here is the working CMD command:

@echo off
    for /r %a in (*.*) do (
    (
    echo ^<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?^>
    echo ^<movie^>
    for %b in ("%~na") do echo ^<title^>%~b^</title^>
    echo ^<runtime^>^</runtime^>
    echo ^</movie^>
    )>"%~dpna.nfo"
    )

• And here is a java script that can be paste in a .bat file.

If you got all movies in one folder you could run this and it will create a nfo that uses the the filename as title, and add duration to the nfo. And it will create a folders with the filenames names and move the movies and the nfofiles to those folders.