Looking for a new box - recommendations

• Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some recommendations as I would like to buy a new box and run LibreElec on it. Currently using the OSMC vero 4k I'm not happy with that box's stability and some flaws in the remote (lack of power off/on capability).

Here are some of the criterias that matters for me, with some preference indications.

Must : controllable via a remote with poweroff/on capability. Possibility to add 2 DVB tuners. 4k with vpu/gpu. Cpu powerfull enough for full hd decoding

Should have : looking for a system as open as possible. Open source GPU driver.

Nice to have : fully open source board without any proprietary firmware

Not needed : wifi / bluetooth

If any one has recommendations matching these criterias, it would be really nice and appreciated that you share your insights.

Best regards,

• Official Post

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some recommendations as I would like to buy a new box and run LibreElec on it. Currently using the OSMC vero 4k I'm not happy with that box's stability and some flaws in the remote (lack of power off/on capability).

Have you tried contacting OSMC with your concerns? From previous users, they have been really happy.

Also, you can install LE on it, if you prefer.

As to your other requirements, try searching the forum as there are many threads about new boxes.