Numeric keys only for remote (NUC/emby-addon)

• Hi, I use a NUC with libreelec to connect to my emby server. All in all the set-up is working fine. With one exeption:

When I switch between emy users and want to enter the user password, the IR remote control is not sending numbers (like "1") but the remote seems to be configured to send alphanumeric keys (like "."). The idea seems to be that I can use the "numer pad" on the remote to have an T9 like input as in my very old cell phone.

I would like to change this, as I really only want to send "numers".

Where can I change this behaviour?

THANK YOU :) upfront for directing me to the solution and regards,

Thomas

• Hi,

I use a NanoPC-T4. Can easily connect to my EMBY server and change users.

I can't reproduce the problem with my USB remote keyboard.

One of my passwords also contains numbers.

Sorry

• Hi, its not a problem with the keyboard. The keyboard is working fine. It is my IR remote control.

The password dialog shows the virtual keyboard. Good.

I use the arrow keys to choose the needed number(s). Not so good as my daughters would see what I select.

Now I use the IR remote control to enter the needed number(s). And now my problem starts: I click on the number key "1" and it is translated to a "." and not to a "1".

Other example where it is working:

I choose a password for the main user. I say that the password is numbers only. The IR remote is working as expected. Unfortunately I can not say for the emby-connect plugin to only use numbers.

So my problem has something to do with the virtual keyboard and the IR remote which is changing its behavior depending on which virtual keyboard is used. And I would like to configure the IR remote to always respond with a "1" when I press the "1" key.

• This should be doable with a .kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml with the following content:

The default for 2..9 on remotes is JumpSMS2..9 to get T9/SMS style input. With Number2..9 you'll only get numbers and have to use the on-screen keyboard if you want to enter text.

so long,

Hias