Looking for a do it all solution

• Hi all

I am looking for what i think is something simple

I need a player that can pass all file formats unchanged to my tv just like the oppo 203 can do if source direct is selected

No need for movie artwork, weather apps, youtube, netflix, tv tuner, or any other addons just a simple media player

I do not want any chages made to the file output so if it is a i file I want i output not converted to p

I have tried A Dund HD 4k pro, vero 4k and a home built htpc

None have done the job right the all manage to upscale or change some or all files

The files I need support for are from 480i right upto 4k HDR

The audio needs to be anything from PCM up to Atmos and DTX-HD

The vero support guys told me the vero is set up so apps come first picture quality comes second, Dune never got back to me and I send the player back. and the home built htpc got sold on

So help can this software do as I wish if it can what do I need to install it on to get the un altered passthrough I am looking for

I did ask vero if this software could be put on my vero 4k box they say it will break it and anyway the vero software is better.

I would be so pleased to get any pointers on how to get the player I am looking for

• Official Post

Try an Nvidia Shield TV. It has powerful hardware (HD audio etc.), can run Kodi (app) and has good software support. It's one of the best streaming machines on the market. If you miss an optical output, HDMI can handle that.

• Kodi will not pass through the interlaced video (which I assume you want to feed to a high quality hardware deinterlacer/upscaler).

Your best bet would be one of those M9702 media players that use modded Oppo firmware.

• Just to make everyone aware, the guy opened a support request on the osmc forums with a very rough attitude and was gently told 576p output is in the works, when someone remarked his attitude he asked to suspend his account and said he threw the vero in the bin, which he clearly didn't.

smp the guy already knows about the oppo knock-offs because he boasted about them on the same thread just to compare them to the vero.

I really don't know what he's up to, probably suffering from the high temps these days..