Adding wifi drivers from LE 8.x to LE 7.x

• Does anybody know the specific steps needed to add on-board wifi drivers from Amlogic LE 8.x to LE 7.x?? Or is there a link to a tutorial somewhere showing how this is done.

Reason I ask is that LE 7.x is perfect for my use case (local playback from USB drives), and later LE versions have introduced other problems such as micro-stuttering on 25p content, stuttering when overlaying playback with info details etc. I'm waiting for Kernel 5.x images to be stable but until then LE 7.0.3.012l is the best for myself.

I have already cloned kszaq's repo, backported Kodi fix PR11713 (this sets the playback resume point correctly) and re-compiled the image. I have tried (in the past) to copy the relevant wifi driver folders (package, patches etc) from the LE 8.x repo, and then modify the LE "options" file, under the "projects" folder to include the new drivers. The image does compile and the new drivers get compiled, but the wifi is not detected. I'm guessing that I have to do something with the kernel image or the device tree in order to detect the new drivers?? I'm hoping that I've done most of the steps, but am missing (hopefully) a few steps.

If anybody has done this before and would share the knowledge, I would be very grateful.

I do use a USB wifi adapter to get wifi, this is just something I would like to accomplish.

Edited 3 times, last by ukmark62 (June 19, 2019 at 2:20 PM).