WiFi Channel 13

• How do I enable my LibreELEC setup access to WiFi connections running on channel 13?

I have found how to enable it with the command "raspi-config" but this does not run on LibreELEC

Any help much appreciated as my home WiFi is set to channel 13 and I do not have the login details to change this on the router itself

• ???

We only allow connecting to advertised SSID's

if you want to connect to a network with a hidden SSID you would have to do so from the command line.

The SSID is not hidden. It is easily visible by any device which can see channel 13. I have connected to it with Raspbian but LibreELEC does not see WiFI channels 12 or 13 by default

• Have a look here,

Wireless network configuration - ArchWiki

you might have to do something like

Code
    echo "options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom=DE" > /etc/modprobe.d/cfg80211.conf

(or another relevent domain code)
    then reboot

Tried that

Didn't work
    [hr]
    Partial success

Using the command "iw reg set GB" allows my Pi to see my WiFi network

Next problem is when I reboot the region is reset to "00" which is the world default

How do I permanently assign the region to "GB"?
    [hr]
    All fixed

Using nano to check the contents of the cfg80211.conf file showed that the word options was missing from the front of the line of text

I added that in nano and saved the file, rebooted and the Pi connected straight up to the WiFi and I could SSH straight into it

I'm a little surprised that this isn't a bigger problem but it has now been resolved

Thank you lrusak for your help

Edited once, last by sjoyce666 (September 29, 2016 at 11:50 PM).

• Channel 12-13 are not used in the US. Maybe you just need to change your location in Kodi.

Settings > Interface settings > Regional in Kodi 17.
    System > Settings > Appearance > International in Kodi 16.1.

• Thank you guys! :heart:

WiFi Channel 13 on a Raspberry Pi 3 & LibreELEC 7.0.3 is working:

Code
    mount /flash -o remount,rw
    echo "options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom=DE" > /etc/modprobe.d/cfg80211.conf
    reboot
  • Hello

I try this method above, work perfectly but (yes but ;)) if i create this file in libreelec 8.01, all the text in the default skin dissapear, same if i install the confluence skin.

So i delete the file and all came back ok, except the possibility to use wifi channel 13.