LE Tar backup option in Kodi issue on my RPI 2

• When I did my first Kodi Tar backup with the LE program config app, the first backup was 1Gig about, I did 2nd backup this month and that one was 200Mb's which is weird. I did not change anything, or delete or add anything, yet the tar file is much smaller. Am I missing something here ?

I did this on 2 of my RPI 2 and both have done much smaller backups. I did try comparing both tar backups and other then size, they look almost the same at quick glance. The only thing I can think of which might be possible is, the first back up I did on Kodi 18.1 and 2nd one was does after I updated to kodi 18.2, I know sometimes when we update it might disable some addons, but I only have a few addons anyways.

So I'm not sure if this is a bug as suggested in one of my older threads. Just thought I'd bring this up as suggested in a new thread. 8)

• Comparing the backups, looks like the largest difference between the backups is the Thumbnails and Fanart, I'm assuming on the 18.2 update it cleared the cache for the thumbnails and thus why it's a smaller backup. At least that's what it's looking like to me. :/

• By Thumbnails I assume you mean '/storage/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails', but no idea what you mean by Fanart - there's no separate folder for fanart (all artwork is cached in the Thumbnails folder).

The Thumbnails folder doesn't get smaller when you update, only if you clean it manually (eg by deleting it / running the texturecache maintenance utility / using a maintenance addon). If you haven't done any of those things your Thumbnails shouldn't shrink.

If you look in the kodi file manager you can get the size of the Thumbnails folder. Which backup does that match?

• Yes that's what I meant, and the thumbnail folder matches closest to the 2nd backup I did, I don't recall clearing cache or cleaning packages, but hey, I've done things I've forgotten before, LOL

I'll check when I get to work, as I did a backup on my work RPI the beginning of May, and I'll compare the size of the .kodi thumbnails to the may backup before I do a fresh backup there to see.