libreelec freezes since 9.0.0 official

• Dear all,

I am experiencing freezes of the libreelec graphical interface very often (meaning: several times a day) now since I've upgraded to 9.0.0 official.

I have libreelec on 2 raspberries, one Raspberry 1B+, one Raspberry 3B+

The 3B+ used to run fine with 8.95 Milhouse builds, but since the upgrade to 9.0.0, even with the latest 9.0.2 the system crashes regularly - or better irregularly, several times a day. I did a clean install on both. The graphical interface (stock estuary) freezes and is irresponsive to keyboard or CEC input, but librelelec still accepts SSH connections normally. So I can do a graceful reboot over SSH.

The only extension I have is the (stock) TVHeadend client which connects to a (intranet) tvheadend 4.2.8 server (debian), not a local TV-adapter.

Is this a known problem, can I provide error-logs?

regards, sulla

Edited once, last by sulla (May 19, 2019 at 10:37 AM).

• Official Post

I agree this is odd.

The best I can suggest (as you can still login) is to: once it has crashed, post the url from:

dmesg | paste 

Also:

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

{mod] Moved to PVR-DVB [/mod]

• Thanks for your support!

I just made the necessary settings and then rebooted the libreelec-Raspberry 3B+. Then I tried to provoke the freeze by watching several videos and TV channels and could provoke a Freeze several seconds after switching a TV channel. What I noticed was that several seconds before the freeze the memory went down until about 398/765 MB, but probably this is nothing.

in short, the output of

# dmesg | paste

is:

http://ix.io/1jci

The interface crashed somewhere before 54397227 bytes of the logfile, but the logfile itself keeps growing, I post it with a size of 79889988 bytes. Thats too large for pastebin, therefore I chose a wetransfer service link, if this is fine?

https://we.tl/t-d4to5w7oyg

regards,

Sulla