Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• I would say it's generally better to just use USB dongle. But if you really want to use on-board wifi, then yes, original Orange Pi 3 (not LTS!) version is good bet, but it still need extra binary blob for faster connection. Only other solid choice is Tanix TX6 box, with one of the Realtek wifi chips, although XRadio variant also exists, which is not (yet) supported.

Wifi which is used on all newer Orange Pi boards, like Orange Pi 3 LTS, is not supported.

• Thanks a lot for your reply, jernej!

And is there all winner chipset board on which I'll have the working WiFi just as I install the latest stable version of Kodi? So I won't have to do any additional moves?

• I got it! So, just to clarify, if I buy Pi 3 (not LTS) the Wi-fi will work right after I start the burned final stable image, right? I was just a bit confused about that extra binary blob you mentioned, or is that just some improvement you're going to implement in future / or I can do myself to improve the speed? Thanks again, I'm just not that experience user))

• if I buy Pi 3 (not LTS) the Wi-fi will work right after I start the burned final stable image, right?

yes

I was just a bit confused about that extra binary blob you mentioned

Firmware is already included in the image. However, additional blob, which is not included, allows higher speeds.

or is that just some improvement you're going to implement in future / or I can do myself to improve the speed?

I think you can do it yourself, if you place it in right place. I don't think I'll do it anytime soon.