Nightly images for A20, A64, H3 and H6 boards

• is there a tutorial on how to install these onto beelink x2 please ?

Download the image from here: LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20200126-8aa0b50-beelink-x2.img.gz

In case there should be already a new nightly go to here and grab the latest for h3/beelink x2: Index of /

On linux use gunzip to convert from img.gz to img (windows try 7zip, winrar etc.) then use dd on linux or etcher ( balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives ) on windows to write the img to a micro sd card (it will get overwritten).

Insert card in your x2 and plug in the power to start.

If you remove the card it will be back on android after a restart.

• IR, libreelec repo doesn't work

• done all of above with programmes suggested and wrote image succesfully

but wont load /boot when power up ? x2 working fine otherwise on kitkat 4.4 ! any suggestions? ive tried using phionix to write image to card too but that says "script not found" its like something is missing from original file that wont allow it to boot x2 ? all other images im trying (original stock and another nougat etc) all load perfectly but not this one ?

Edited 2 times, last by disco67 ().

• Hi.

It working good.Video is decoded correctry. I tested only h.264 yet. Sound Working, CEC doesn't working.

I compiled tvheadend42, Device DVB-T is loaded, but it doesn't find any program.

It could be merged to oficial LibreELEC.tv

Edited once, last by arci: With RTL2832U+R820T DVB-T and h.264, HVEC, MPEG2, MPEG4 working correcty and it is stable. Only some addon and CEC doesn't working... Compare H5 with Amlogic S905, S905 play smootly... a little bit. ().

• disco67 you may have problematic version of Beelink X2. I received one such unit to investigate the problem. Unfortunately, I couldn't find reason why it doesn't want to boot from SD card, but I found workaround which is a bit complicated - you have to boot it over USB. Once you are in Linux (any distro will do), you have to destroy content of eMMC - I just overwrote it with my LibreELEC image.

I talked with one person on #linux-sunxi IRC which experienced exactly the same issue with his X2 and he too was unable to find reason for such behaviour.

arci I'll prepare PR once Linux is updated to 5.5

• done all of above with programmes suggested and wrote image succesfully

but wont load /boot when power up ? x2 working fine otherwise on kitkat 4.4 ! any suggestions? ive tried using phionix to write image to card too but that says "script not found" its like something is missing from original file that wont allow it to boot x2 ? all other images im trying (original stock and another nougat etc) all load perfectly but not this one ?

Strange I never had any troubles with mine...

That script not found happened while burning the image? Some SD writers try to manipulate the image to make it boot, but the LE images should just be copied to SD in raw or DD mode. Unfortunately as jernej writes there seems to be a batch of x2 which misbehave, as i only have that one well mannered x2 i cant help you further than that.

• What is the difference between the image LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20200127-775cabd-libretech-h3.img.gz and LibreELEC-H3.arm-pr4124-libretech-h3.img.gz? Sorry for the stupid question ...

• Hi!

Who have download link for Libreelec image for H6 Orange Pi Lite2? Tried with Orange Pi3 or Plus2 image and no wifi.

The download link in one post, need to request authorization (googledrive).

• What is the difference between the image LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20200127-775cabd-libretech-h3.img.gz and LibreELEC-H3.arm-pr4124-libretech-h3.img.gz? Sorry for the stupid question ...

read name carefully, one is nightly, another test image with some PR.

• I've built an image for OrangePi Lite 2, based on prabuselva's work for PR#3691 (commit 5d209c), which I locally merged with yesterdays master (commit be02e12). No other modifications. In case anyone has that board and wants to avoid building it from scratch ( daviddgm ), I've put the image on my google drive. Be reminded that this build is not official and probably entirely unsupported (at least I can give neither support nor any warranty - if this kills your board or cat, or burns down your house, well,... that's bad luck). All I did was the equivalent of grabbing some instant noodles, adding water and letting it boil according to the manual ;-)

I tested WiFi, BT (stutters in combination with 2.4GHz WiFi), Composite App plays h264/h265 (Plex app doesn't work due to some 'compat' python module not being found - but I think that's something to debug once the board is supported upstream). The board dislikes my LG soundbar (no video when passing HDMI through it; it's probably the boards fault, not LE) and gets quite warm (I only have a small heatsink - I wouldn't use that board without one!). Infrared, 10 bit HEVC, 4k should be working as well, but I didn't try.

Oh, yeah: Until the board is included in the official images, I wouldn't bother with any board-specific bug reports (except if the image breaks your board).

• I've built an image for OrangePi Lite 2, based on prabuselva's work for PR#3691 (commit 5d209c), which I locally merged with yesterdays master (commit be02e12). No other modifications. In case anyone has that board and wants to avoid building it from scratch ( daviddgm ), I've put the image on my google drive. Be reminded that this build is not official and probably entirely unsupported (at least I can give neither support nor any warranty - if this kills your board or cat, or burns down your house, well,... that's bad luck). All I did was the equivalent of grabbing some instant noodles, adding water and letting it boil according to the manual ;-)

I tested WiFi, BT (stutters in combination with 2.4GHz WiFi), Composite App plays h264/h265 (Plex app doesn't work due to some 'compat' python module not being found - but I think that's something to debug once the board is supported upstream). The board dislikes my LG soundbar (no video when passing HDMI through it; it's probably the boards fault, not LE) and gets quite warm (I only have a small heatsink - I wouldn't use that board without one!). Infrared, 10 bit HEVC, 4k should be working as well, but I didn't try.

Oh, yeah: Until the board is included in the official images, I wouldn't bother with any board-specific bug reports (except if the image breaks your board).

Thanks for the image. I will test it when arrive ate home.

• Hello all, I just downloaded LibreELEC-A20.arm-9.80-nightly-20200130-be02e12-cubietruck.img and I'got black sreen after resizing partition while load (HDMI connection). How I can fix this?

up. same here LibreELEC-A20.arm-9.80-devel-20191230203035-9d103bd-cubietruck.img.gz

resizing completed, several rows of loading and then black screen.

Edited 4 times, last by vermus ().

• Anyone? I tried to search on this forum, but no success.

Last image I see is in attachments:

up. more info:

1) my monitor has 1920x1200 resolution.

2) http 2 Chorus Web UI for XBMC/Kodi works fine via a network.

3) I scanned ports and I do not see ssh 22 port (I want to login to look at logs) Ok, added 'ssh' to extlinux.conf and logged in with root/libreelec

4) I tried fullhd tv (1920x1080), different HDMI cables - same here.

up2. crashlog: http://ix.io/28Rw

up3. dmesg http://ix.io/28Ru

up4. kodi.log http://ix.io/28RR
    is seems, this is related error

Code
    1. [ 32.942484] Mali: ERR: /var/lib/jenkins/LE/build4/workspace/A20/build.LibreELEC-A20.arm-9.80-devel/build/mali-utgard-5d89e2a946c7e4dbd7e627202e7bd7c3ed49954a/driver/src/devicedrv/mali/common/mali_gp.c
    2. [ 32.942504] mali_gp_stop_bus_wait() 111
    3. [ 32.942504]