LibreELEC locks up on welcome screen

• I tried unsuccessfully to install LE (LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img.gz) from micro SD but that was because i had the wrong 1GB device tree (gxl_p212_1g.dtb).

When i realised my mistake and used gxl_p212_2g.dtb, the device (a brand new Magicsee Iron 2GB/16GB S905X) booted up fine from the SD and i thought i'd cracked it.

But the boot up only goes as far as the welcome screen and locks: none of the buttons on the remote has any effect and i cannot choose 'next' or do anything except pull the power cable.

I tried resetting to factory and then uninstalling and reinstalling Kodi but the same thing happens every time.

Help, please!

• Official Post

I have a feeling that you need to use a keyboard for the initial setup process - from there, you'll need to configure the remote to work.- and that is another story - and another thread.

• Thanks for the reply, but why do you say that? Is it because it's a s905X or because it's a Magicsee Iron?

I've set up two other boxes without a keyboard. A T95M (S905) and a Minix U9-H (S912) and both of those sailed through the welcome screen, no problems. And i'm very non tech-savvy.

If there is another thread that might help i'd be very grateful for a link.

Edited 3 times, last by autolycus: I think i have managed to up load a log file to https://paste.kodi.tv/zulobofija (May 17, 2019 at 6:32 PM).