[SOLVED] [LibreELEC 7.0.2] IR remote problem with Cubox

• Hello,

I have LibreELEC 7.0.2 running on Cubox-i4x4. I want to use any IR remote with it and Cubox has an IR receiver. This should work. However no matter what I do, Cubox does not receive any input from any IR remote.

I tried following many guides and searched the net but can't find any solution or help. So here is what I did and what I know. I ssh-ed into the box and tried many related commands.

"ir-keytable" always returns "Couldn't find any node at /sys/class/rc/rc*." Checking that directory, it is empty.

"irrecord /storage/.config/lircd.conf" returns "could not get file information for /dev/lirc0". There is no "/dev/lirc0" or "/dev/ttyS0."

"dmesg | grep lirc" returns nothing.

"modprobe --set-version=4.4.8+rt13 --force ir-lirc-codec" always returns "ERROR: could not insert 'ir_lirc_codec': Exec format error".

Does anyone know what the heck is going on? It looks like there is no IR receiver or driver loaded for IR receiver. I really do not know how to interpret any of this information. I appreciate any response. Thank you in advance.

Edited once, last by pajtaz (October 15, 2016 at 11:33 PM).

• Hello, I found out what was the problem. I was running LibreELEC from USB hard drive and using OpenELEC image to boot from SD card on my Cubox and then booting from USB hard drive. When Cubox boots like this with LibreELEC, it doesn't find IR receiver and doesn't load the drivers.

Once I installed one of vpeter's 3.14 kernel images that can actually boot directly from SD card, Cubox work fine.

• The latest version 7.0.2 Linux version 4.4.8+rt13
    has recognized IR:

Code
    Cubox:~ # dmesg | grep lirc
    [    7.538277] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 237
    [    7.585830] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (gpio-rc-recv) registered at minor = 0