Lirc Problem

• I am trying to configure my gyration remote with Lirc using this guide
    How-to:Gyration_USB_remote_in_Ubuntu_for_XBMC_using_Lirc (wiki)
    The problem I am having is there is no etc/rc.local file so instead I have used /storage/.config/autostart.sh file which is fine
    Instead of ~usernamerunningxbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Keymap.xml I am using /storage/.kodi/userdate/keymaps/gem.xml (this was generate by the keymap, so I thought it best to use this file.
    In the wiki it says this file needs to be used ~usernamerunningxbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml, I create /storage/.kodi/userdate/keymaps/Lircmap.xml,but according to my kodi.log this is not correct.

LgdA
    13:41:27 7.982682 T:140395404531840 ERROR: special://masterprofile/keymaps/lircmap.xml Doesn't contain <keymap>
    13:41:27 7.983884 T:140395404531840 ERROR: special://profile/keymaps/lircmap.xml Doesn't contain <keymap>

Does anybody have any ideas how I can resolve this?

Edit:

The top of the log states NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: /storage/.kodi/userdata
    I have tried putting a copy of lircmap.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata & /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps

Edit 2:

I have now put a copy of lircmap.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata deleted the copy of lircmap.xml from /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps the error goes but the remote still does not work.
    Does anyone know were the lirc.log is stored?
    hQOI

Edited once, last by scouseman (September 19, 2016 at 3:09 PM).

• You can probably just use the supplied lircd.conf and put it as /storage/.config/lircd.conf

However, I'd be surprised if your device doesn't "just work" without lirc.

can you get the following logs for me?

Code
    dmesg | pastebinit
    Code
    systemctl status | pastebinit

• You can probably just use the supplied lircd.conf and put it as /storage/.config/lircd.conf

However, I'd be surprised if your device doesn't "just work" without lirc.

can you get the following logs for me?

Code
    dmesg | pastebinit
    Code
    systemctl status | pastebinit

Hi Irusak,

Thanks for replying to my post, yes my remote does work without lirc, but many of the buttons dont work, even in windows. (Apparently it is the HID buttons that need mapping, Kodi doesnt deal with them very well, even KeyMap Editor does not detect them).
    In windows Kodi I needed to use eventghost to map the missing buttons, in OpenELec I used Lirc successfully using the wiki above.
    I am now hoping to use LibreElec.
    Here are the logs:

dmesg: OcAO
    systemct1: GjbH

Cheers

• I am not sure why it is not working, I cant find anything wrong in the logs.
    A bit annoying really that I have so my problems with this remote, as it is a great media remote.
    I have been switching Kodi versions quiet a lot recently, it must of been plain Kodi I was using when I got my remote working as it was installed on top of Ubuntu and I manually installed lirc, that would make sense, if what you are saying is true.