[split] Tvheadend 4.2 problem

• I'm now having this same issue. 4.2 was working...now the tuner is stuck. I believe it happened after the 6.95.2 update.

I've uninstalled TVH...erased the TVH folder from addons and tried a clean install. Tuner will try to start scan but get stuck. If I roll back to 4.0.9 the tuner works fine. Seems like a TVH issue , but strange that it was working before.

If I get time later - I will clean install 6.95.1 and see if TVH 4.2 works.

• Looks like the same issue with 6.95.1

Weird, since this originally worked for me. Is there a chance that the TVH 4.2 service addon has been updated in the last day or two?

On the status tab of the TVH web interface, the tuner seems to "turn on" but does not actually get a stream started to tune the mux. Just hangs there and makes the tuner unavailable. The system log never shows that the mux is being tuned.

Again, this is strange as I had the system running fine for a number of days and even used the built in wizard to set things up.
    [hr]
    Ran some more tests -- this version (4.1.1892):

Tvheadend 4.2 with transcoding by CvH · Pull Request #123 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

works. So definitely a TVH issue with the updated addon on the repo.

Edited once, last by edit4ever (April 24, 2016 at 6:50 PM).

• I have made some Versions of Tvh (Generic, RPi2/3 and IMX6) test

pls test what is the highest version that is running for you (there is no issue at Tvh bugtracker atm) - I have choosen version 101 because the next update will overwrite this version and you didn't need to install some version manual !

• I have made some Versions of Tvh (Generic, RPi2/3 and IMX6) test

pls test what is the highest version that is running for you (there is no issue at Tvh bugtracker atm) - I have choosen version 101 because the next update will overwrite this version and you didn't need to install some version manual !

I started with the highest version 4.1.1931 and it worked. Tried both as an upgrade and a clean install and both worked.

There was one weird thing however - for the ATSC-T network - only Denver and San Francisco muxes showed up. There is usually a half dozen or so pre-defined muxes - including a full ATSC center channel list. I think this is pulled from a third party service, so maybe something is up with that listing?

Not sure what is different in the repo from the test version you provided - but it works! :)

--- I checked the mux list at dvb-apps: 5e68946b0e0d /util/scan/atsc/ and it looks intact - not sure why this version of TVH is not pulling the full list.

Edited once, last by edit4ever (April 25, 2016 at 2:43 AM).

• Not sure what is different in the repo from the test version you provided - but it works! :)

The changes are from 1928 -> 1931

- http client: increase max. temporary buffer size limit for SAT>IP RTS
    - access: tickets - cleanup, reuse, fix memory leak, fixes #3736 (Possible memory leak and DDoS issue)
    - eit: always register mux for uk_freesat services, fixes #3740 (Freesat EPG - no OTA modules active)
    - webui: import redirected css through @import, fixes #3738 (Issues with Microsoft Edge browser)

O_o idk what fixes our problems ... everything doesn't sound like you should be affected.

I have made an rebuild 1928 (same as the repo has) could you pls test them - I want to rule out that our build system is borked.
    test

• OK - ran a few more tests this morning. Here are the results...

The tuner gets stuck with 1928 and 1931...works with 1919 and earlier.

The 1853 version you supplied works with the tuner but still has the predefined muxes missing. The 1892 version referenced here: Tvheadend 4.2 with transcoding by CvH · Pull Request #123 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub works and has all the predefined tuners...so I'm not sure why your test builds are different.

Hopefully his provides some insight - but I realize you have a lot of other things going on getting ready for a final 7.0 release. I appreciate your and the team's efforts on this project!!

• I'm just building it from tvh git - so it is an Tvh problem.

it would be great if you can open an ticket here Tvheadend

The source of Tvh is quit complex to spot problems ;)
    FYI - all builds are done the same ways - I only changed the version at the build script which to get from Tvh git.
    Perexg from Tvh is quit fast to fix those problems if you can describe them :) (I have no hardware so I can't provide something useful)

• I'm just building it from tvh git - so it is an Tvh problem.

it would be great if you can open an ticket here Tvheadend

The source of Tvh is quit complex to spot problems ;)
    FYI - all builds are done the same ways - I only changed the version at the build script which to get from Tvh git.
    Perexg from Tvh is quit fast to fix those problems if you can describe them :) (I have no hardware so I can't provide something useful)

I will do that - can you make a quick build off the current 1933 version in the Tvh git? (one of these days I need to learn and setup my system for builds!)

• Interesting. While not getting anything to start in 1928, TVH build 1891 showed at least "scan no data, failed". With the latest 1931 you just linked it suddenly started scanning and found all known services. This is true for imx6/Cubox-i on DVB-C in Germany of course only is what I can see. I have to check further whether the functionality is the same though.

Thanks so far, CvH

• Scanning started working for me with 1931 and also works with the latest 1933. Just the missing muxes issue is left - which I reported as a bug on the Tvh site.