TVDB replacement...?

• As much as I love LibreELEC because it makes watching my favourite shows so much more enjoyable, waiting for the TVDB to get itself together so I can scrape new episodes Ive added is ridiculous; Ive waited 2 days now and still no connection to the server. (PS. Ive tested the site via direct/ping and its not working properly).

Is there a way to create a new scraper that is more reliable, maybe something that could connect to TVRage or better yet, TVMaze (they seem to have a good API as well here)? In fact, Ive already had a word to the TVMaze guys on Twitter and they think its a great idea.

I know people will say that XEM is available, however it is dependant on TVDB to do its final check before passing information on to LibreELEC, so if TVDB falls over, so does XEM.

If I knew how to program better, Id do it myself... can anyone recommend a tutorial on how I might be able to learn how to program a scrapper for the TV shows? I just want my TV shows back!

• Probably you should provide a logfile first, so we can see, what might go wrong

For Kodi development:
    Scrapers - Official Kodi Wiki
    Development - Official Kodi Wiki

I never had problems with TVDB. All my TV-Shows are scraped fine whenever I try it.

You should probably tell more about your problem and which TV-Show you are referring to. And yes...we still need the logfile. As the context is: Logfile, or it never happened ;)

Greetings

• Probably you should provide a logfile first, so we can see, what might go wrong

For Kodi development:
    Scrapers - Official Kodi Wiki
    Development - Official Kodi Wiki

I never had problems with TVDB. All my TV-Shows are scraped fine whenever I try it.

You should probably tell more about your problem and which TV-Show you are referring to. And yes...we still need the logfile. As the context is: Logfile, or it never happened ;)

Greetings

Ive recently posted in the addon assistance part of the forum.