How to get live TV to work on a RPi3

• I am new to LibreElec, and I am having trouble getting live TV to work at all.

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 running version 7.0.2. I have a Raspberry Pi 2 running the back end of TVHeadEnd. The receiver is an HDHomerun Connect. Whenever I try to install the TVHeadEnd client, I immediately get a "connection lost" message. The live TV option does not activate on the main menu. I tried simply watching live TV by installing the HDHomerun addon, but it refuses to install.

By all signs, the receiver and backend seem to be working properly. I can connect to them easily via my laptop.

I have tried cookbooking the problem through various setup guides, but all results remain the same. I am sure I am missing something very basic. I would appreciate any ideas.

Edited once, last by Klojum (September 13, 2016 at 7:59 PM).

• I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 running version 7.0.2. I have a Raspberry Pi 2 running the back end of TVHeadEnd. The receiver is an HDHomerun Connect.

I will assume that you have configured the backend and have all your services (channels) setup.

If you're running the client on the same Rpi as the backend, make sure the client ip configure settings are set to 127.0.0.1

If that is set and you still can't connect...open the tvheadend web interface and take a look at the log window to see what happens when kodi tries to connect. If there is an error showing...post that info here.