[SOLVED] Livetv client tvheadend ac3 drop sometimes

• I have wetek play as tvheadend server. With wired network connect to my minimx as tvheadend client.
    When the Audio stream of channels is mp2,mp3,aac, the no problem, but when I see channel with ac3, then every minutes is 1-2 times a short half second drop hearable. When I record the channel, while see with drops, and play back later, then no drops.
    Log include, first I see live channel (what always has some audio drop independent I just see, or record while I see), then I play back recorded stream.
    log-2016-09-10-04.32.26.zip
    the difference from live TV and recorded video is the format.
    Live TV streaming profile htsp, and isn't changeable
    Record profile is mkv.
    With htsp profile isn't record the server, and with ts pass profile same result as mkv.

H'irad'o.mkv

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 13, 2016 at 12:53 PM).

• Dev version, fewer drops, maybe every 5 to ten minutes, with tvh client on a minim8s and the server on a synology.

The usbsound garbled with amcodec activated is still the same.

• 007 version without passtrough: same problem as with passtru.

Dev version, as tidav previously described: maybe fewer drops.
    I noticed with codec info panel: vq many times (not always) jump between 4-10%, sometimes go below to 0%
    aq 10-20%
    This is not an buffering problem?
    Why not wait kodi starting the playing to full fill the buffer?
    When I play some movie over nas, the vq minimum 50%, aq 100%.
    I think this is kodi or tvheadend related problem.
    I had this issue with x86/64 Htpc, raspberry pi, s805 with openelec 5,6, libreelec 7

Edited once, last by envagyok (September 11, 2016 at 8:37 AM).

• Hi,

I use a tvheadend server to provide dvb-s2 streams for all my devices. The server is a cubieboard with latest armbian and tvheadend git master.

I do not see the audio drops mentioned here. Did you try running kodi on a different platform in your network (windows notebook for example) to make sure the error is with the amlogic device?

• envagyok Can you please try adding this to your advancedsettings.xml and re-test with dev version posted above:

Code
    <pvr>
    <minvideocachelevel>10</minvideocachelevel>
    <minaudiocachelevel>15</minaudiocachelevel>
    </pvr>

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 11, 2016 at 10:00 AM).

• Hi,

I use a tvheadend server to provide dvb-s2 streams for all my devices. The server is a cubieboard with latest armbian and tvheadend git master.

I do not see the audio drops mentioned here. Did you try running kodi on a different platform in your network (windows notebook for example) to make sure the error is with the amlogic device?

I already write this not amlogic fault.
    With LibreELEC for x86, raspberry pi, amlogic all have this problem, but not with mp2/mp3/WAV sound, just with ac3.
    So just channels with 2.0,and 5.1 ac3 audio stream.

What usb dvb-s2 adapters use you?
    What fps channels, with what type of audio stream see you?
    [hr]

envagyok Can you please try adding this to your advancedsettings.xml and re-test with dev version posted above:

Code
    <pvr>
    </pvr>

Interesting...
    I make file, restart device, watch channel.
    Was perfect, no drops, aq99% vq 70-80%
    After this I switch channel, and dropping started again, vq1-12% aq3-4%
    I try restart again but no improve quality.

Edited once, last by envagyok (September 11, 2016 at 10:22 AM).

• I already write this not amlogic fault.
    With LibreELEC for x86, raspberry pi, amlogic all have this problem, but not with mp2/mp3/WAV sound, just with ac3.
    So just channels with 2.0,and 5.1 ac3 audio stream.

What usb dvb-s2 adapters use you?
    What fps channels, with what type of audio stream see you?

I use two USB TechnoTrend DVB-S2 3600 adapters.

I just tried again with ZDF HD (720p50, 5.1 AC3, Astra 19,2°E) and BBC 2 HD (1080i50, 2.0 AC3, Astra 2 28,2°E), with both PCM and passthrough (my TV accepts AC3 passthrough). No drops, no problems at all.

Maybe the source of the problem lies with the Wetek box and its tvheadend version or your network?

In the tvheadend web interface, you can open the debug window in the bottom to see all kind of messages. With some kernel/dvb driver versions I had a lot of continiuity errors and other trouble, which would lead to artifacts or dropouts on the playing device. Maybe it would be worth checking if the Wetek box reports any errors.

• I use two USB TechnoTrend DVB-S2 3600 adapters.

I just tried again with ZDF HD (720p50, 5.1 AC3, Astra 19,2°E) and BBC 2 HD (1080i50, 2.0 AC3, Astra 2 28,2°E), with both PCM and passthrough (my TV accepts AC3 passthrough). No drops, no problems at all.

Maybe the source of the problem lies with the Wetek box and its tvheadend version or your network?

In the tvheadend web interface, you can open the debug window in the bottom to see all kind of messages. With some kernel/dvb driver versions I had a lot of continiuity errors and other trouble, which would lead to artifacts or dropouts on the playing device. Maybe it would be worth checking if the Wetek box reports any errors.

I had s2-3600 , but with Linux and tvheadend it cannot receive dvb-s2 stream, just dvb-s

• DVB-S2 works fine with my setup since I bought those years ago. I used the liplianin drivers for some time, now even 4k streams work fine with mainline kernel.

• Maybe the source of the problem lies with the Wetek box and its tvheadend version or your network?

My wetek play has libreelec 7.0.2 installed.
    Tvheadend version:
    HTS Tvheadend 4.1.1945 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v7.0.102
    I check the debug window, started it, but no continuity error reported, I check status window too. In check status, when channel change has 2-3 continuity error, but this number not growing.
    But the vq in Codec property page between 0-10%

With network no problem, I have gigabit lan, asus rt-ac56u router, and I have 2 nas, and without problem can I play big video files over my lan (I used wired connection)

• <advancedsettings>
    <pvr>
    <cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
    </pvr>
    </advancedsettings>

with this advancedsettings.xml seems everything fine with the custom version, what kszaq give this topic

• Alright, that worked now, it seems. I checked
    TV/Broadcast for about 20 minutes and there
    was no problem with the caching anymore.

Thanks a lot, Envagyok and Kszaq.

Edited once, last by sYCO (September 15, 2016 at 5:48 PM).