Update : MCE USB Remote on ASUS AT3N7A-I

• UPDATE 05 19 19 :

I have installed LE9 on my KodiBuntu machine (also ION but core 2 duo) and there is no remote lag happening as with the AT3N7A-I machine. Ergo, it must be board specific. Now to try to hunt down why..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All ! I am fishing to see if anyone else has seen similar behaviour.

Clean install of LE9 on 64GB SSD. ASUS AT3N7A-I board 4GB RAM. Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc. Infrared Receiver [IR605A/Q] and RC6 MCE Remote (bundled).

The Behaviour : Remote functions perfectly as long as I keep pressing buttons and navigating menus, etc. If left alone (leaving the room) or running any playback for 10 minutes or so, the remote becomes lagy (by up to 2 seconds at times) and acts as if buttons were double pressed and does not come back to normal until reboot.

Now my first thought was that the usb port goes to sleep or something. Connecting a wireless multimedia keyboard/mouse combo does not recreate the issue.

I first noticed this happening with a previous LE release, but gave up and just used a keyboard hoping it would get straightened out in LE9. No such luck.

I can post logs but thought I might just ask around first to see if anyone has seen this before.

Interestingly enough, when running this setup "live" from the LE9 installer media the issue does not seem to occur.

This remote also works as expected on another ION board running KodiBuntu (don't laugh please :p ) that I update regularly via SSH per KODI wiki and is current, and a Windows 7 machine.

HiassofT My apologies, I totally forgot that I had asked about same issue here a year ago. Life moves fast and this machine just came back into my possession. However it is LE9 and without LIRC. (AFAIK)

Libreelec registers multiple key presses for each button on my IR remote (8.2.1 & 8.2.2)