LibreELEC 9.0.1 on Intel NUC keeps crashing

• Hi,

I've upraded today from LibreELEC 8.2.5 on my Intel NUC D34010WYK to 9.0.1. Right after the upgrade everything was working fine, but after a reboot, Kodi keeps crashing.

In the crash log I'm seeing this error:

Code
    2019-04-28 13:40:15.812 T:140688510384256   ERROR: DBus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The
    name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files

Any idea what is going wrong here?

• Looks like the de_de language file might be corrupted.

Can you run:

Code
    cat /storage/.kodi/addons/resource.language.de_de/resources/langinfo.xml | pastebinit

and post the url?

Then run:

Code
    rm -fr /storage/.kodi/addons/resource.language.de_de
    reboot

and this will hopefully stop Kodi crashing - your language will now be "None" in Kodi. Flick the language back to English, then select German again so that it can be re-installed, and hopefully you should be all good!

• Hi,

The directory resource.language.de_de does not exist in /storage/.kodi/addons.

• Hmm, your Addons27.db seems to think you have several language addons installed.

It might be best to run:

Code
    rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons*
    reboot

so that your addons are resynchronised.

If that doesn't work, then:

Code
    rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml
    reboot

to reset your settings back to defaults (English).

• Thank you very much for your help. I truly appreciate it.

I've deleted first the Addons27.db. It did not help, so I've deleted the guisettings.xml as well and unfortunately it did not help. I'm experiencing still the same issue.

• I'm not sure why Kodi continues to crash, to be honest.

The best option may now be to try booting your NUC from a LibreELEC 9.0.1 USB memory stick using the "live" mode and see if that works - if it does (ie. Kodi doesn't crash) then it's most likely a corrupted setting that is causing the issue with your normal installation, which you may need to wipe out with a fresh install (you could try deleting or renaming /storage/.kodi as well). While an upgrade from older installations normally works it's not guaranteed, particularly when major changes to settings occur as is the case when upgrading to Kodi 18.

If Kodi continues to crash when booting from the LibreELEC 9.0.1 memory stick then this requires further investigation as that would not be expected behaviour - I'm pretty sure your Haswell Mobile hardware is still supported.