Beginners Problem with DACBerry One+

• First sorry for my english, I'm a starter in english as language and in "Raspberry"

I've bought the DACBerry One+ for my 3 B+.

For the installation I follow the QuickStartGuide from OSAelectronics, the result ->

login as: root

[email protected]'s password:

##############################################

# LibreELEC #

# https://libreelec.tv #

##############################################

LibreELEC (official): 9.0.1 (RPi2.arm)

LibreELEC:~ # curl dboneplus.sh | bash

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current

Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0bash: syntax error: unexpected "("

82 39578 82 32573 0 0 23383 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 23383

curl: (23) Failed writing body (195 != 16384) LibreELEC:~ #

What do I wrong - who can help me?

Claus

• The install instructions given will not work on LibreELEC.

However looking at the script, it should be easy to install. (Famous last words).

Edit config.txt as detailed Here

add

dtoverlay=iqaudio-digi-wm8804-audio

comment out this line so it looks like this.

#dtparam=audio=on

Reboot and then select the "new" audio device in Kodi settings and hopefully it will work as expected.

• Hi Iridium,

thanks for your fast answer. Should I see the DACBerry under System/Audio/ Audio output device?

As before I can see only

-PI: HDMI

-PI: Analogue

-PI: HDMI and Analogue

- PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

I've done a reboot after I edit the config.txt with the fat marked lines below

I did not understand what?

In desperation ...

Regards Claus

• With dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi no change - I know about the other distros - I've try Moode, Voluimio, m2p, OSMC and LibreElec and

love OSMC and LibreElec

And with both I've problems with this soundcard :(

... 12 h later ...

Now I have tested the soundcard with moodeaudio 5.0 - it works fine - with the manual installation (Retropie Instructions).

The "curl Index of /getdboneplus.sh | bash" runs without a problem

After that I do a complete new installation of LibreELEC - the same failure with that command :(

Volumio 2.575 runs perfect analog and digital at the same time: SPDIF-optical + line3,5 analog + RCA left analog + RCA right digital coax - all together at the same - respect

What can I do with LibreELEC?

Edited once, last by DIno0815 (April 28, 2019 at 2:18 PM).

• Hi Iridium,

the first thing I've done is asking via email by osaelectronics

(faq is not linked or death and the board-> Sorry but this board is currently unavailable - wow, a good feeling)

The answer from osaelectronics:

Dear Claus,

LibreElec and OpenElec has Support for ONE+, not officially, but it works. Many customers use it.

There is a quick start guide that explains everything you need to do a setup with any software available. You have the Volumio example, just need to follow the same instructions. Use Hifiberry DAC Plus profile, and will work.

Is the software developer who needs to add the official support to the board, if they don't do it, we cannot do more.

If the script is not working is because they probably changed something on the last version, I will take a look anyway.

Dear Claus,

LibreElec and OpenElec has Support for ONE+, not officially, but it works. Many customers use it.

There is a quick start guide that explains everything you need to do a setup with any software available. You have the Volumio example, just need to follow the same instructions. Use Hifiberry DAC Plus profile, and will work.

Is the software developer who needs to add the official support to the board, if they don't do it, we cannot do more.

If the script is not working is because they probably changed something on the last version, I will take a look anyway.

My next step is to try the dtoverlay you wrote ....

• The developer doesn't understand that OE and LE are read only systems and thus the script will not work (We just need to know what the script does). The dtoverlays are present and should work. Without an actual board it is difficult to debug.

• There is a quick start guide that explains everything you need to do a setup with any software available. You have the Volumio example, just need to follow the same instructions. Use Hifiberry DAC Plus profile, and will work.

Since they mentioned the Hifiberry DAC Plus (which is different to the non-plus one), you could try the overlay for it

Code
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus

so long,

Hias