New HTPC build, HELP please.

• So I have decided to get away from the Raspberry pi3+ because of more 4k content, and it not supporting it. I have decided to either build a HTPC or find whatever the most powerful development board is that can support Libreelec in 4k.

All Videos (home videos of the kids obviously) would be streamed directly from my server in my office, and NOT streaming from the internet via hulu, Netflix etc... The way my home is setup, central server and Kodi running on a PI3+ board on each tv.

The HTPC would be Libreelec and KODI installed ONLY...dedicated device (much like raspberry). I am guessing a GPU would not work, because I could not install drivers like in Windows if it is a dedicated device. As I would like it to boot directly into Kodi. I had thought about using a AMD 2200g cpu with intergrated gpu...but I heard Libreelec does not play well with AMD, am I wrong? Looking at 1151 chipset intel boards, on mini itx and not finding much that will support 4k@60hz and HDR.

I could be wrong about some of the software stuff, I am not a IT guy by any means..... Good at building systems, not a programing them.

Any suggestions on a development board that is plenty powerful and slightly future proof, would be greatly appreciated. OR if you have ideas on HTPC PC build, would be greatly appreciated also. Once again looking for 10bit HDR and something I could build that would boot directly into Kodi, without having to install windows etc... would like to try to keep it on a M-ITX board or smaller and under or around $400.

don't get me wrong, I love my Raspberry pi's....but with more and more 4k content, it just does not have enough power.

• As far as i know there is no 4K 10bit HDR support in any Intel, Amd, Nvidia, x86_64 platform yet when using Linux, LibreELEC. You need to understand that Linux is still evolving support for HDR but development and migrating to modern Linux kernel are in progress and soon you will have many option to choose like new ODROID-N2 with amlogic S922X chip. my advise is for know look for temporary solution like cheap S905D with Gigabit Ethernet or more pricey Apple TV 4K running the MrMC App. you can find more information hear-4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations (click).

• It seems there is working version of CoreELEC availeble for  ODROID-N2, " that has all the main compenents working to be able to use this device on a daily basis, including booting from both SD and eMMC, DVB support, hardware decoding, HDR, network and sound!" check it out!

• Aroosha… Thanks a ton for your help, this is exactly what I was looking for. I had been looking all over for stuff, but it seems everyone that has a good 4k build always has the Caveat "will support 8bit, not 10bit" etc... going to look into this odroid-n2 and CoreElec today.

• Aroosha… Thanks a ton for your help, this is exactly what I was looking for. I had been looking all over for stuff, but it seems everyone that has a good 4k build always has the Caveat "will support 8bit, not 10bit" etc... going to look into this odroid-n2 and CoreElec today.

I think VERO box supports that

your welcome, just keep in mind that ODROID-N2 is new and very powerful platform but not mature enough, and lots of things in progress like its open source GPU driver. hear list of things works and does not work with new ODROID-N2. Odroid N2 test builds(click)

• For just buy it and use it the Vero 4k+ is the best option at the moment.

I have a i3-8100 Coffee Lake HTPC and I have 2 problem:

- for full audio passthrough support I use the 2nd HDMI 1.4 only for all the audio including Atmos/DTS:X and video on the 1st HDMI 2.0

- no HDR so far, but it should come

So I bought a Vero 4k+ to just see 4k HDR with passthrough Atmos/DTS:X. My Intel HTPC does it all except HDR (for now, so I hope).

• For just buy it and use it the Vero 4k+ is the best option at the moment.

I have a i3-8100 Coffee Lake HTPC and I have 2 problem:

- for full audio passthrough support I use the 2nd HDMI 1.4 only for all the audio including Atmos/DTS:X and video on the 1st HDMI 2.0

- no HDR so far, but it should come

So I bought a Vero 4k+ to just see 4k HDR with passthrough Atmos/DTS:X. My Intel HTPC does it all except HDR (for now, so I hope).

VERY GOOD info here..... I use Dolby Atmos also. will look into the VERO 4k+. I like the idea of building the intel HTPC because it will be powerful enough for what is to come (unknown) and decode using CPU and or intergrated graphics. From my understand the HDMI 1.4 supports 4k content, not HDR correct? I think after Coffee lake they are changing up chipsets again aren't they? so won't be as easy to just throw another CPU in I think. I don't understand what the hold up is...if all these small boards 02, Vero, Shied can support HDR, why can't intel.