10 bit H265 Playback on S805

• S805 is not capable of hardware decoding 10-bit H265 and will probably never be. Only software decoding of low-bitrate and low-resolution videos is possible.

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 7, 2016 at 2:18 PM).

• S805 is not capable of hardware decoding 10-bit H265 and will probably never be. Only software decoding of low-bitrate and low-resolution videos is possible.

Ahh! So we're screwed!

Well everything else plays great so it's just the way it is.

• Hi,

I just installed the latest libreelec version on my MK808B+ and tested HEVC playback over network. 8bit files played flawlessly and smooth, 10bit files are jerky and garbled. As S805 does not support HEVC Main10 encoded files, everything is working as intended.

If you want to find out if your own files are 10bit or 8bit, press "o" during playback and check the 3rd line. 10bit files will be marked as "HEVC (Main10)". You need an S905 box to play those.

• Hi,

I just installed the latest libreelec version on my MK808B+ and tested HEVC playback over network. 8bit files played flawlessly and smooth, 10bit files are jerky and garbled. As S805 does not support HEVC Main10 encoded files, everything is working as intended.

If you want to find out if your own files are 10bit or 8bit, press "o" during playback and check the 3rd line. 10bit files will be marked as "HEVC (Main10)". You need an S905 box to play those.

OK, I'll try that tomorrow and report back.