FATAL: unable to load profile

• My issue is basically identical to the issue here, except that the solution there does not work for me.

That is, libreelec has opened in safemode. I accessed the log file (see below). The log is basically identical to the one in the linked question. However, the solution of "delete or rename /storage/.kodi/userdata/profiles.xml" did not work (I first renamed it, which didn't work, and I then deleted it, which again didn't work). I also tried deleting the file /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml (which I found suggested here), which also did not work.

All the log files I got were identical, with only the times differing. The file is:

• ^ that's the default content of /storage/.kodi/userdata/profiles.xml if you want to recreate it

• I had the same issue and deleting profiles.xml and/or other files with 0 bytes in the root of /storage/.kodi/userdata didn't work for me, however I had some 0 byte files in /storage/.kodi/temp/ Deleting those did the trick. In my case the offending file was commoncache.socket

hope that helps someone..

• I also had the same problem and theccap10 solution worked thanks!

You just have to delete all those 0 bytes files.

an ez code to do that:

Code
    find . -type f -size 0b -print
    find . -type f -size 0b -delete

first you can see all the files after you delete them.

• Same problem here.

But none of the above works.

Renamed profiles.xml (not empty) and a new one was created ( still just safe mode)

I have no 0byte files in storage/.kodi/temp/

Suggestions?