No PVR add-on enabled notification won't let me navigate Kodi Interface to disable.

• Hello,

I recently upgraded a linux openelec box to libreelec 8.2.5 running Kodi Krypton 17.3 (comes with the LE install .tar file) with plans to try to upgrade to Leia, however I'm running into a problem.

Upon booting up, I'm unable to do anything as a popup comes up that states:

"No PVR add-on enabled

You need a tuner, backend software, and an add-on for the backend to be able to use PVR.

Please visit PVR (wiki) to learn more"

The problem is, I can't get the log files, I can't connect to the device, and I can't do anything except look at the pop up notification.

I've googled and read several articles as well as watched at least 10 youtube vids about resolving it because when I look up the error, some things DO come up. But everyone is able to dismiss the notification, however, I cannot.

I would appreciate any time you can spend trying to resolve this issue and am happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

I have included a link to the video I took as the error occurs to more accurately explain my situation:

YouTube

Also, apologies for the vertical video orientation, I'm not in my right mind right now. lol.

• Two suggestions:

a) Add "ssh" to kernel boot params in syslinux.conf (extlinux.conf on some systems) and the SSH daemon is forced to start, so you can login, rename /storage/.kodi to /storage/.kodi-old and reboot to boot to a clean Kodi configuration.

b) If there's a network issue add "textmode" instead of SSH and connect a USB keyboard. Kodi will not start but you'll boot to a local console where you can run commands.

As a general rule OE installs have a ton of extra crap installed (as the result of some dubious packaging decisions by OE's creator) so it's probably best to start with a clean /storage/.kodi install and migrate back on the essential things from the previous install (thumbs, sources, etc.). Also beware that most OE installs have a 235MB /flash partition and LE 9.0 images are now around 240MB so you might need to make a backup, clean install LE to get a 512MB boot partition, then restore the backup. The backup/restore process is normally a lot quicker than trying to resize the boot partition.