Odroid C2 - acess Kodi from outside home network

• Hello,

I need some help to figure out how can I activate the access from outside the home network, to Kodi installed on a Odroid C2. (LibreElec 9.0.1)

To be short, I have enabled the Web Interface, which I have correctly configured (port, login, password, and port redirection on my router).

When I try to access the web interface :

• When I'm connected inside my home network (Wifi or Ethernet), no problem.
    • When I'm outside the network (I used my 4G smartphone, or my work connection), I have an error message, and cannot access.

I have another Kodi system (also LibreElec 9.0.1) in my bedroom, but this time on a RPi. And with this one, I can access without any problem from inside & outside. So I suppose this is linked with the Odroid hardaware.

Does someone know if there is a parameter to change in an Odroid C2 to allow access to Kodi from outside ?

• Official Post

Outside access means opening ports on your router. Default web access is via port 80, but I'd advise to use a different port and remap that inside your router (if it's capable of doing that).

• Hi Klojum,

Thanks for your help. I've indeed defined specific ports (initially set to 8080 in Kodi), that I have opened in my router.

Access from outside to my Rpi is OK

Access from outside to my Odroid C2 is not...

Of course, the ports are different for both devices, and correctly opened with the right direction in the router.

That's why I think it's something in the config of the Odroid.