Keep USB auto mount but disable auto share via Samba of the External drive

• Hi ,

I'm using LE 8.x on an odroid board. Everything works great - I have a USB drive connected that gets auto mounted and becomes available over the network via Samba.

I've updated the samba.conf file under the .conf folder. And the configuration seems to be working as my other shared folders are visible on the network.

How do I keep the USB auto mount configuration of Libreelec intact but disable sharing of that and any other USB drives disabled. i.e. I don't want the drive to be visible on the network.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

is there an option to selectively enable auto-sharing of external drives? I have two drives connected but do not want to expose the partitions of the second drive via samba. Also selecting read-only sharing via samba of selected drives would be an option.

Thanks.

• I think I can answer this myself: First step is to disable auto sharing of external drives. Then copy /storage/.config/samba.conf.sample to /storage/.config/samba.conf, add manually add the shares that I want to expose. :cool: