Tvheadend Client and Backend on same HTPC help please

  • Recently installed LibreELEC on my HTPC with a Dvico Fusion HDTV5 tuner card all in the same box. Installed Tvheaded backend and configured it along with Tvheadend HTSP Client, and with it configured to play channels from the local backend all it will do is display a single still frame of video with no audio. If I change the client configuration to use my Tvheadend backend on a remote computer (also using a similar Dvico Fusion card), the LibreELEC install plays the channels fine from the remote backend. Full motion video with audio.


    I'm sure I must have something configured wrong on the Client, but I haven't a clue what it could be. I've tried with the default 127.0.0.1 backend address and also with the actual network address of the local backend, but get the same results either way. Can anyone offer advice on how to correct this bug? Or at least what you have done to get a working Tvheaded backend and client setup all in one computer.

  • I've run TVH server and client on the same machine without any issues. I assume you downloaded TVH from the LE repository?


    I would try reinstalling the server and client again.

    If you're still having issues, post the URL of dmesg | paste and

    Please provide a full debug log.

    How to post a log (wiki)

    1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem.

    Note: Full logs only. No partial or modified logs.

    Do not post your logs directly into the forum, use pastebin.com and post the link.
  • Hey, thanks for taking the time to respond to my query. You are correct that the server and client were both installed from the LE repo. This is the third time I have installed/re-installed the tvheadend server and client. And I always get the same result (with this hardware). A little tidbit that I didn't mention before is I have done a setup on a different computer using tvheaded client and server with a Hauppauge WinTV HVR 950, and that system works as expected. So could this be a driver issue with the Dvico Fusion card?


    Anyway, here is the URL for the full debug log: http://ix.io/1cae This is my first time generating and posting such a log file, so I can only hope I got it right. If not, please let me know what I did wrong and I'll try again.


    As an experiment, I just switched DVB drivers from the LE default drivers to DVB drivers from the latest kernel, and that didn't seem to make any difference. I still just get a still picture from any channel I choose, but I do, at least, get a picture from every channel, so the client is picking up channels from the backend. I just can't wrap my head around what the issue is.

  • The card seems to be detected and shows activity but..


    Check the amount of disk space available for TVH

    Code
    1. 2019-04-05 18:13:01.346 T:140670815680256 ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command getDiskSpace failed: Unable to stat path
    2. 2019-04-05 18:13:01.346 T:140670815680256 ERROR: GetDriveSpace: Add-on 'Tvheadend:127.0.0.1:9982' returned an error: server error

    You are also getting a core dump.

    Code
    1. Apr 05 18:12:51 LibreELEC kodi.sh[676]: Segmentation fault (core dumped)


    I would go back to a new install and try it without any additional addons. Install one DVB module at a time, removing the previous one if it didn't work.