Sabrent SATA to USB adapter issue

• Hello, I am having a problem after I changed the storage drive on my RPi 3B+ music system from 2 ea. Sandisk 256 GB USB flash drives to 1 ea. Samsung 860EVO 500GB SSD on a Sabrent SATA to USB adapter cable. I am using a Hifiberry Dac+ Pro Hat and the RPi 7" touchscreen. I am running LibreELEC 8.2.5. The software lists the songs on the disk, but fails to play them. If I go back to the USB flasb drives, they still work fine.

Not very experienced at RPi,

I think I'm going to have to pull the micro-SD to read the log files on a PC...

Thanks for the help.

Bil

• I think it's pretty simple: your USB flash drive(s) get a different mount device number (drive letter in Windows) from the Linux OS than your Samsung 860EVO 500GB SSD does. And basically ANY deviation in the path to your source files stored in the Kodi video or music libraries will result in a "File not found" situation. Kodi still lists your files via the database library, but the physical file location has changed.

• Thanks Klojum,

I am using the Confluence skin and I ran the "Update Files" command from the side menu, and it appeared to work, so I thought that would update the database library.

What do you recommend ?

Best Regards,

Bil

• If you have rescraped the movie/music collection, you may have now a database with both old and new sets of data. Not ideal, but the database itself shouldn't have a problem with it. You will have thumbnails with the old and new dataset now.

You could do a Clean Library action via the Media / Library / Music section towards the music database, but the old thumbnails will not be removed automatically.

• Hi Klojum. I did the Clean Library action, after I realized the command was in Kodi, not LibreELEC, but same result. The songs show up on the touchscreen, but do not play.

I posted my log with the short address of 1EKB.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

Bil

• Hi Klojam, I updated to LibreELEC 9.0.1 and used the setup interface to enter the path to a new music source as: /dev/sda1 and that did not work. Then I used the path /var/media/FLAC_465_GB and that did it ! Everything seems to function properly.

When my music was stored on flash drives, it seemed like the volumes auto-mounted, however I set that up a while ago and I could certainly be mistaken.

Thanks for the help,

Bil