Constant video calibration

• I recently updated to Libreelec 9.0.1 and since the update I have to constantly recalibrate the video in the settings>system>video calibration where I have to realign the arrows etc.

This happens after every restart, every episode or movie etc and it is becoming irritating. Is there a way I can set it and save it like that?

• There will be a fix in the next Kodi release. Question is, why would you need calibration in the first place? Any decent TV can properly handle a computer signal these days.

So its a known issue then? I have no idea why it is doing it. Its not a new tv, fairly old LG.

Previously it used to happen on some occasions but not like now where it is a daily thing.

• I have just encountered this issue, with a LE system using an ASUS GT520 video card, and a new Samsung 75" 4K LED television.

Depending on the resolution 'chosen' (or selected during startup ?) the calibration settings are lost.

I think I reduced the cause to the 2 different "1920 x 1080" resolution choices (presented in system->display->resolution) to the one using '60 hz' and the other using '59.5923759834734 hz' (not exact).

One 'saved' the settings, and the other doesn't, but the system chooses the 'bad' one during startup (sometimes).

• It may be related to the other issue I encountered with the 4K televisions that I've been connecting to...

Issue with 4K and LE 9.x.x

Perhaps there's an HDMI 'protocol' issue, where LE and the TV's are not speaking the same language (HDMI 2.0 ? though I connected one of the units to a dedicated HDMI 1.4a port on one of the TV's, without success).

• I cannot understand why a new TV would need calibration.

Old thread, but this appears to still be an issue. You are right, a new TV via HDMI should not need calibration.

In my case I am using the composite out on a pi3. On many TVs the composite signal is automatically overscanned, there is no one to one pixel option. I am going one step further and sending that composite video signal into an RF modulator to send the RF channel 3 signal to every TV set in our house. Once the video starts playing, it is generally not an issue as there is usually no critical information at the edge of the screen. For the Kodi GUI, there is much goodness at the edge of the screen.

Hope that helps,

Tim