Upgrade to Leia = stuck on "Add-on Migration in progress".

• I just tried to update my Krypton Libreelec to Leia, and now it is stuck in this screen on boot. I restarted several times and nothing happens.

I tried erasing some plugins from the SSH but nothing.

I don't mind re-installing from zero but I don't want to lose my huge database (last backup is kinda old). Is there any way to do this? Can I just copy the Userdata" folder via Samba and then restore it to Kodi?

Please help :(

[edit]

I forgot to add: running on Raspberry Pi 3

I see three "migration processes going on, migration /1, migration /2, migration /3 . They all seem to be taking no CPU percentage.

Edited 2 times, last by kdrone (March 18, 2019 at 5:44 PM).

• A Raspberry Pi, even a v3, is still a slow-as-hell device when it comes to CPU intensive tasks. => high CPU percentages.

Add to that the average SD card that has a lousy write speed compared to reading speed, and you just want to let the Raspberry do its thing. Let it work through the night if necessary and hope that everything goes well.

If you have stopped the process anyway, make a backup/copy of the current old database(s) and store it somewhere safe.

Can I just copy the Userdata" folder via Samba and then restore it to Kodi?

Copy, yes. Restore, no. What would be the point in doing that after upgrading?

A different backup: do a Video Library Export with separate files, so all metadata info will be stored in .nfo files next to your video files. Don't forget to activate the watched status and resume point options first.

• Hello,

I cannot do a library export or any kind of library backup if I can't boot the system. It's stuck at the aforementioned screen, and it's been stuck there for hours.

The point of doing that would be so I don't have to redo a library with tens of thousands of files from scratch, as I have worked on it for years.

Sure, my bad for not having a back up newer than 1.5 years. but I'll try what I can before restoring to that point.

I don't care about settings, addons or anything else. just my video and music library.

• I have just solved my own problem and I hope I can help by posting this.

If you are found stuck on the "add-on Migration" screen at boot after upgrading from Libreelec 8.x to 9.x on raspberry Pi, do the following:

Step 1: Ignore all the "advice" posted above by Klojum

Step 2: boot the RPi to where it gets stuck and leave it on and connected to the network.

Step 3: If you have Samba shares enabled, browse to your RPi and copy the "Userdata" folder somewhere safe.

Step 4: log in to your LE machine via SSH (if you disabled remote login, you can't do this)

Step 5: type "systemctl stop kodi"

Step 6: CD to ~.kodi/userdata/Database

Step 7: type "rm Addons27.db" or whatever number after "Addons" your system has

Step 8: type "systemctl start kodi"

Step 9: don't be a dum dum like me and immediately back up your libraries after this.

It should work now, but you have to go through your add-on settings reactivating all that you had enabled. While you are there, remove all the marked as broken ones (I had a bunch).

Nothing was lost, my huge DB is intact (and now backed up).