LibreELEC Upgrade to 9.0.1 and my IR doesn't work anymore

• Hi there,

I updated my libreELEC from 8.x to 9.0.1

My Hardware: Raspberry PI 3 Model B with a custom IR-Receiver: TSOP4838 (built with this tutorial: Jede Infrarot Fernbedienung am Raspberry Pi 2 nutzen – So installierst du günstig einen IR-Empfänger – Teil 1 – PowerPi

after upgrading to 9.0.1 my harmony ultimate does not work anymore.

I do not have any glue in editing config files and generating keymap-tables, so if anybody has the same problem, it would be very nice, if you can help me.

if you use additional information, please tell me

thanks

Markus

• Code
    xbmc:~ # ls -l /flash/config.txt
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3952 Jul 31 2018 /flash/config.txt

We are discussing Raspberry Pi here in this thread, if you have one you'll also have a /flash/config.txt file. If you don't have a Raspberry Pi please open another thread, other devices don't have /flash/config.txt

so long,

Hias

• Make sure you have dtoverlay=gpio-ir in your config.txt, as described in the wiki...

Hi HiassofT,

Thank you very much for your reply. I apologize for my delay.

Yes, the dtoverlay=gpio-ir is set in config.txt and my harmony is configured as a MCE device, but it does not work anyway.

i don't know where i can find any logfiles or sth.

can you give me a hint?

• Please go through the troubleshooting section in the wiki Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki] it contains step-by-step things to test. Just post the the outputs you got at the working and on-working step if you are unsure.

As a general hint make sure you don't have any leftovers from previous configurations, like a .config/lircd.conf or .config/rc_maps.cfg file or keymaps in .config/rc_keymaps/

so long,

Hias

• Hi HiassofT,

there has been a .config/rc_maps.cfg and a keymapfile in the keymap folder.

I checked via ps | grep /usr/sbin/lircd if there is any of the mentioned processes. It isn't therefore I think lirc is disabled. I cannot check it, in LibreELEC-Settings --> Services there is no lirc-section in my installation...

I use the GPIO self-made IR receiver (based on TSOP4838) maybe this is a problem. I ordered a FLIRC-USB stick - maybe I get happy with this...

• Can you remove the .config/rc_maps.cfg? Also test with "ir-ctl -r" to see if your IR receiver works.

The LE settings option for Lirc has been removed, it's now started automatically when you have a .config/lircd.conf file.

so long,

Hias

• I have a very similar setup with a Raspberry Pi 3B+, customer IR receiver and a harmony 650. I did the 8.2.5 to 9.0.1 upgrade and Harmony stopped working. I changed dtoverlay=lirc-rpi to dtoverlay=gpio-ir in /flash/config.txt and rebooted the Raspberry Pi and the Harmony started working perfectly again. I did this on multiple Raspberry Pis.

• As posted before please test with "ir-ctl -r", post the output you got from a button press.

With this info we can verify if the gpio-ir driver and the IR receiver are working properly.

If ir.-ctl -r doesn't give any output at all post your config.txt, dmesg and output of ir-keytable

so long,

Hias