Librelect 9.x handbrake encoded video playback issue, video's work fine in 8.x

• Hi,

I've had this issue for a while and haven't been able to resolve it. I have some .tp files which are recorded from the HDHOMERUN OTA which are stored in .TP format. I have been converting these using Handbrake (1.2.1 as of this date) using the Preset of "HQ 720p30 Surround". I am unable to playback the video file on KODI 9.x however if I swap in my 8.2.5 version it plays back fine.

files are located on a NAS, added as a SMB share via the GUI. When I attempt to playback the file I don't get any errors it just shows the circle processing icon for a second or two and then nothing. No addon's fresh install locally recorded tv shows/movies converted using handbrake presets.

other video files located in the same network folder play fine, just not converted with handbrake.

In the log I see:

ERROR:OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

ERROR: Open - Error, could not open file smb://pathtofile/file.mp4

ERROR: READ- Error (-1,103, software caused connection abort

I think the last two lines are caused by the 1st error.

any insight? Raspberry Pi2 connected via Ethernet to network and HDMI to a sony TV

Thanks in Advance

MV

• any insight?

Not really. No useful technical video info (we're not Handbrake experts), nor a Kodi debug log was provided. The log itself consists of more than 3 lines. We cannot see your log file from here.

Enable debugging in Kodi, restart LibreELEC, play the problem video(s) and provide the log file as per the following instructions.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or modified logs.

Do not post your logs directly into the forum, use pastebin.com and post the link.
  • Anyone have any clues based on the logs? I haven't been able to isolate the issue, anyone know how to start the player from the command line? I wanted to see if I can try and start playback via ssh and see if it kicks back any additional messages.

Thank you.

MV