Librelect 9.x handbrake encoded video playback issue, video's work fine in 8.x

• Hi,

I've had this issue for a while and haven't been able to resolve it. I have some .tp files which are recorded from the HDHOMERUN OTA which are stored in .TP format. I have been converting these using Handbrake (1.2.1 as of this date) using the Preset of "HQ 720p30 Surround". I am unable to playback the video file on KODI 9.x however if I swap in my 8.2.5 version it plays back fine.

files are located on a NAS, added as a SMB share via the GUI. When I attempt to playback the file I don't get any errors it just shows the circle processing icon for a second or two and then nothing. No addon's fresh install locally recorded tv shows/movies converted using handbrake presets.

other video files located in the same network folder play fine, just not converted with handbrake.

In the log I see:

ERROR:OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

ERROR: Open - Error, could not open file smb://pathtofile/file.mp4

ERROR: READ- Error (-1,103, software caused connection abort

I think the last two lines are caused by the 1st error.

any insight? Raspberry Pi2 connected via Ethernet to network and HDMI to a sony TV

Thanks in Advance

MV

• any insight?

Not really. No useful technical video info (we're not Handbrake experts), nor a Kodi debug log was provided. The log itself consists of more than 3 lines. We cannot see your log file from here.

Enable debugging in Kodi, restart LibreELEC, play the problem video(s) and provide the log file as per the following instructions.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • thank you for pointing out the process Please review the logs at the following link.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you

MV

• Anyone have any clues based on the logs? I haven't been able to isolate the issue, anyone know how to start the player from the command line? I wanted to see if I can try and start playback via ssh and see if it kicks back any additional messages.

Thank you.

MV