the sound is cut off at the standby output

• Hello,

(sorry for my English, I'm French)

I have a HTPC with LE 9.0.1 which is connected to an Onkyo TX-NR676 amp in HDMI, and then to a TV.

All equipment is controlled by a remote control logitech harmony.

When I turn off the equipment, I ask to put the HTPC in standby.

When waking I have no sound.

I have to restart my HTPC to get the sound again.

I did not have the problem under LE 8 at all.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

• Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I use the motherboard Gigabyte H55M-UD2H and the processor Intel Core i3 530

What is annoying is that I had absolutely no problem before and that it's been years that I run with openelec and libreelec without worries. Until now....

• Well, OpenELEC is not really an option anymore (it's over 2 years old), but if things still work with Krypton and you don't need any of the (few) goodies of Leia, why upgrade? If it ain't broken, don't fix it. :)

I don't know if this script also works for Intel, but here it goes.

Log in via SSH into LibreELEC, and run this script: getedid create. Your screen may flicker somewhat.

The script should write a xorg.conf file as well as an edid.bin file, which should become active after a LibreELEC restart.

Just to be sure, first create a backup of your files (which is always a good idea) via the onboard LibreELEC Backup/Restore tool.

• Thank you very much for your reply.

I like to keep my equipment up to date so that's why when I make updates, which is not always good it's true.

Moreover, MQ7 is no longer available and MQ8 only works with Kodi 18.

I'll try your tip and you'll know about it next weekend.