Minisatip Configuration Help for Newbie Request

• Looking for some assistance to get minisatip configured between two LE9.0 installs.

Was very happy to see minsatip available in the addons and have configuration options but cant seem to get it working.

The Idea is to leverage a Wetek Play 1 with its 2xDVB-S2 tuners on LE9.0/tvh4.2 with minisatip addon and

access them on a Rpi3b+ with LE9.0/tvh4.3 (that already has DVB-T working)

Then use a mindlna fork to make all the services available via DLNA so i can pick them up around the house on

other devices.

The Rpi3b+ sees the minisatip server but i dont see any muxes listed, force recan does nothing.

When i tried to set this up initially i DID see muxes so im wondering if i have some residual config i need to remove.

Can anyone shed some light on what im missing ? This is supposed to be relatively easy but there is very little info on minisatip

apart from the published syntax.

Edited once, last by foxyboy (March 5, 2019 at 9:23 AM).

• Got it working eventually. Rookie error in that i did not stop TVH on the master first, then start the minisatip addon.

Congrats to whoever developed the addon gui to minisatip, it helps a lot.

When i stopped tvh and started minisatip i was then able to see minisatip appear in tvadapters in the target.

I created a network first DVB-S-wetekplay, allocated it and enabled all the adapter subparts

Did a force-rescan and hey presto it started to populate, it did take an hour or so though (Astra 28E)

It would appear that i now need to redo bouquets in the target but thats not too ownerous.

Im sure there is a slicker way to do all this but as a proof of concept its works, channel changes ok too.

Now onto part2, can i setup this minidlna fork GitHub - timehlers/minidlna: Minidlna (dlna/upnp) fork with patch (from inverto.tv, idl4k) for streaming from tvheadend

to allow dlna clients access the streams from tvheadend (DVB-T,DVB-S) !

• need to redo bouquets

not sure for what you need it at all ?

there are "Tags" at Tvheadend that are basically replaced it, they are also supported at Kodi

to allow dlna clients access the streams from tvheadend (DVB-T,DVB-S) !

why not use an htsp client or Sat>IP client ? Tvheadend Client works awesome at Android for example

btw you can also run tvheadend instead of minisatip and activate the sat>ip server if you need

in the end same result ofc :D (minisatip has better performance)

• True, I'm just experimenting at the moment, there are a few ways to achieve the same ens result for sure.

Trouble is no matter how slick you think your solution is if the users in the house dont like it whats the point ?(

• Hi, i see this addon but i don't understand how It works...

Now i've a rpi with tvh working with a dvbs2 USB....with oscam etc..

I installed this addon, but i don't know how It works or how i need to configure to share my dvbs2 in my lan...

Sorry for my english....i'm spanish.

THX!

• Hi, i see this addon but i don't understand how It works...

Now i've a rpi with tvh working with a dvbs2 USB....with oscam etc..

I installed this addon, but i don't know how It works or how i need to configure to share my dvbs2 in my lan...

Sorry for my english....i'm spanish.

THX!

I believe Satip is integrated in Tvheadend and you don't need other addons...this addon is probably another option to share your tuner instead of tvheadend satip server...then you will probably need another instance of tvheadend server to act as client for the satip server and scan the muxes/channels...I don't see much advantages in my setup to go for satip instead of normal tvheadend server/client but might give it a go one day...1 advantage I see is that you can probably record locally instead of on the satip server machine..might be helpful for remote servers...but then again if you have issues on network you ll get issues in the recordings themselves..

edit...I did have recording locally working some time ago but had to create a ffmpeg pipe playlist and load that in another tvheadend for it to work...but not using that setup anymore..