Zotac Remote

• I was under the impression that version 9.0.1 fixed the remote issue with the Zotac boxes. I just updated LibreELEC to 9.0.1 but It still doesn't shut down my Zotac box unless I plug in the external IR sensor that came with the box. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Shedrock

• 9.0.1 includes a fix so that the IR signals of Zotac remotes can be decoded properly.

What kind of remote are you using?

I'm a bit puzzled about that external IR sensor, I thought the Zotac boxes had already a builtin IR receiver.

Does your remote work at all without the external sensor? What happens if you press the power button on your remote in that case?

so long,

Hias

• I have a Harmony One remote. The problem I am experiencing is that when I click the "off" button, or switch from Movie mode to TV mode on my Harmony remote, the Zotac box does not shut down. It will only shut down if I plug in the external sensor that came with the Zotac box. I can use the Harmony to navigate without any issues whatsoever, except for switching or turning off power. Hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Shedrock

• Can you please post a kodi debug log where you pressed the off button?

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

so long,

Hias

• The log file only shows a "Stop" and a "Video" button press, no sign of a power button press. Hmmm.

Which remote profile are you using on your Harmony remote? Did you create any IR configuration files (lircd.conf, rc_maps.cfg) in LibreELEC?

Could you please grab the latest logfile ZIP from the Logfiles SMB share and upload it?

Then, without the IR dongle plugged in, please run the following commands:

First stop kodi and eventlircd

Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    systemctl stop eventlircd

Then run

Code
    ir-keytable

and post the output.

Then run

Code
    ir-keytable -t

press the Stop button and then the Power button and post the output, too.

so long,

Hias

• @HiassofT

Here is the Log file of the instructions you gave me:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is the latest log file:

log-2019-03-04-14.20.04.zip

Zippyshare.com -

I do not use any remote profiles.

Thanks,

Shedrock

• It looks like you configured the navigation keys to send Microsoft MCE codes, but the power button to send a Zotac remote power code.

The easiest solution is to configure the power button to send a Microsoft MCE code as well, or just use the Microsoft MCE remote profile in the Harmony software.

so long,

Hias

• It looks like you configured the navigation keys to send Microsoft MCE codes, but the power button to send a Zotac remote power code.

The easiest solution is to configure the power button to send a Microsoft MCE code as well, or just use the Microsoft MCE remote profile in the Harmony software.

so long,

Hias

I have not configured any navigation keys. I am not quite sure what you mean. I have never had an issue with the way it is configured, so what has changed in LibreELEC 9.0?

• At some point you configured you harmony remote, right?

That seems to have resulted in your Harmony remote sending MCE codes for up/down/left/right/play/stop/... and a Zotac code for power.

Until LE 8.2.5 Zotac codes were supported by default, in addition to MCE and a bunch of other remote codes.

In LE9.0 we cleaned that up and now only MCE and Xbox remotes are supported out-of-the-box, other remotes have to configured by users as described in the wiki Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]

The easiest solution for you is to configure your Harmony remote to only send MCE remote codes. The alternative is to create a custom remote configuration (keytable and rc_maps.cfg) - but just switching your Harmony remote to the MCE profile is a lot easier to do.

so long,

Hias

• @HiassofT - I think I understand what you're saying now. It just sucks that my brother set this Harmony One up for me so I am not familiar with how it is all done. I will give it a shot and see if I can figure it all out, or I may just leave the Zotac dongle plugged in.:(

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Shedrock

• Hi

I have a zotac too (nano AD10) and when I went to 9.x from 8.2.5 my Harmony 650 remote wouldn't work anymore.

I decided to try using mce codes for it (instead of the zotac ones). The only problem now is my zotac won't turn on. So I also re-added the zotac device just so it can turn the zotac on. So, basically, I have a MCE device (it's really the zotac, but I pretend it's a MCE 1040 IR receiver that I use on my PC) and I use MCE codes to replace my Zotac codes. The Harmony app lets you do this very easily

Next I copied the remote.xml that was working for my zotac in the Keymaps folder. This ensures that each button on my remote does EXACTLY what I want it to do ;)

• You need to be familiar with the Harmony app, but I can help you if you didn't understand me on that.

As for the remote.xml, it's a great way to associate commands with certain keys on the remote.

I'm using a zotac nano AD10 that I bought back in 2012. I never used the external IR receiver.

Right now, I'm still on LE 8.2.5 using my Zotac as a device in my Watch a Movie activity.

To test LE 9.x, I created another activity called Watch a Movie 2. In it, I simply replaced the zotac with an MCE device which I called Microsoft 1040.

I programmed the remote just like it was a zotac (for the keys and window, removing unnecessary MCE commands that didn't apply to the zotac).

Some keys can be different (like Back instead of Return), but just use common sense.

Now, MCE codes won't let you turn ON the zotac from boot. So I needed to add the zotac as an extra device to my Activity just for turning it on.

I left everything else unprogrammed for that zotac device so as not to cause double keypresses. If you prefer using that external IR receiver, you won't have to do this (maybe?)

Anyways, I'll be staying on 8.2.5 until something pisses me off, but at least my Harmony is all ready for 9.x LE versions now.

Good luck

• I am actually using the IR dongle that came with my Zotac box. I just removed it from plain sight. Everything works great so I really don't need to do anything, but I did have to use the MCE addon to set my Harmony GUIDE button to open the context menu on the videos, as well as the "Ok" button to bring up the OSD while a movie is playing. Other than that, zero issues so far, apart from my system crashing constantly with LibreELEC which is a whole other nightmare.

Shedrock

• I looked at the remote.xml I posted above and I remember now that it was made for the sony RM-VL610 remote originally.

So, for the Harmony 650, TOOLS now becomes GUIDE

LIST now becomes REPLAY (* or Star key)

and FAV now becomes SKIP (# or Hash key)

Both the original Replay and Skip keys always annoyed me to death (I would always press these by mistake)

and since I use Next Subtitle and Next Language a lot, it made sense to use them for those.