Keymaps/ Key Table issues

• I have a Libre ROC-RK3328-CC (Renegade) w/ a built in IR Receiver that I've been trying to get a Harmony 650 remote to work with the no success. I've tried different "devices" in my harmony, mostly the MS MCE Keyboard. I read Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki] and figured out that the MS MCE KBD uses both rc6 and mce-kbd protocols and the reciever is registering the key presses. I tried to create a keytable with the type: RC6, mce_kbd as I saw in a different forum, but I keep getting:

LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/harmony

invalid mce_kbd

Invalid parameter on line 1 of /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/harmony

ir-keytable: Failed to read table file /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/harmony

Try `ir-keytable --help' or `ir-keytable --usage' for more information.

Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? The Renegade works fine with any USB devices I use (keyboards, mice, a generic ps3 wireless controller, even a USB IR receiver I borrowed from one of my Firesticks), but I don't see to point of using any of those when it has a built in IR rec. Hell, it's one of the reasons I bought it.

Anyone else have a better device profile for the Harmony that works with the Renegade's onboard IR Receiver? Isn't this 2019; what happened to plug and play?

I added my harmony keymap as a text file.

Thanks for the help; I'm pretty new to Linux.

• The harmony.txt file you attached contains Windows line endings - you need to have the file with unix line endings.

Use Notepad++ on Windows and make sure you save the file with unix line endings or create the file locally on your LE box with nano or vim.

Other than that: better use the standard MCE remote profile, not the MCE keyboard profile - the latter can be a bit tricky to use.

so long,

Hias

• Hey, thanks for the quick response. I guess i didn't realize that plain text files had different line endings; I'll try to fix that when I get back home.

Also, when you say the standard mce remote vs the keyboard, you're talking about on the harmony itself, correct?

• Ok, so, using notepad ++ worked on the files to prevent the error, but for some reason the rc_maps.cfg table doesn't want to load the keymap. I got tired of screwing with it and decided to try to cheat it and added -ir-keytable -c -p rc-6 -p mce_kbd -w /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/harmony to the autostart.sh file. Whether it's proper or not, it works like a charm. Thanks for the help.

Question only semi related to this thread, does anyone know why sleep/suspend/hibernate is not showing up as an option? I'd like to be able to turn it on with the remote (shuts down just fine), but I'm not finding a lot on instructions to wake it.